toxo journal

toxo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hallo

i have recently got back into martial arts after a bit of a lay off.

my goal is to start competing so im going to start logging my progress here :icon_chee
now for a bit about myself im 27 5' 10" and around 220lb. my training is powerlifting or some form of conditioning in the mornings ( the conditioning part i have no idea about) and mma in the evening which is a mix of thia boxing and bjj.

in the past i have trained in; boxing chinese boxing krav maga karate judo akido and probably more as from the ages of about 5-21 i was nuts about martial arts.

i will try to slim down to around 190lb before i compete ( that will be as soon as my instructor thinks im ready)

over the last 3 years or so i have been mainly focusing on weight training which has left me inflexible but suprising my endurance and speed are much better so this is something i will also be working on.

any advice regarding the conditioning will be a great help

speed bench
120kgx8
110kgx10
110kgx7
100kgx8

assistance work

bent over row
140kgx 5x5

incline db press
45kgx10,9,6

shrugs
140kgx10
180kgx10
200kgx6

rear laterals
12.5x10,12,12

skull crushers
50kgx10,10,10

bb curls
50kgx 10,10,10

Welcome to the forum.

Good posting so far. Looks like you're pretty friggin' strong. Check out the conditioning forum stickies for ideas.

i woke up with a really sore lower back this morning, so i must of slept funny :mad: im going to take the rest of the week off training then next week start a new Schedule of powerlifting tue, wed, fri, conditioning (mostly agility and foot work drill) mon thur sat, sun and mma training mon-thur. i dont really know were to mix in gpp stuff without it clashing with the pl so i think i will mix it after i have finished the pl workout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back