Top Wrestling Promotions today?

panzer723

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what are the top wrestling promotions today?

I know WWE is #1
and NJPW is #2
but what about the others?

ROH is probably #2 in the US
A lot of the groups in the UK seem to be doing good business
ICW, Progress and WCPW are the main ones I know about
CMLL and AAA in Mexico
Lucha Underground does great stuff but it isnt making any money, same with TNA
WWNLive has a bunch of groups under their banner like Evolve, PWG, Chikara , Shine, etc. and they're popular with a small group of fans
Championship Wrestling From Hollywood puts on a great tv show if you can find it

ROH is probably #2 in the US
A lot of the groups in the UK seem to be doing good business
ICW, Progress and WCPW are the main ones I know about

CMLL and AAA in Mexico
Lucha Underground does great stuff but it isnt making any money, same with TNA
WWNLive has a bunch of groups under their banner like Evolve, PWG, Chikara , Shine, etc. and they're popular with a small group of fans
Championship Wrestling From Hollywood puts on a great tv show if you can find it

The British indy scene is already feeling the effects of the WWE UK tournament. Just like NXT brought that RoH/ECW "close" feel to the network, I wouldn't be surprised if there became a "satellite" Euro-show.

The British indy scene is already feeling the effects of the WWE UK tournament. Just like NXT brought that RoH/ECW "close" feel to the network, I wouldn't be surprised if there became a "satellite" Euro-show.
What do you mean by feeling the effects?

Yea I definity expect a UK show and then a womans show after they do that tournament later this year
With NXT, 205, UK, women and ICW, which is rumored to be headed to the Network, theyre putting together a new territory system

What do you mean by feeling the effects?

Wrestletalk's Oli Davis called it around the time that people were signing up that, despite what HHH and Steven Regal told the performers and promoters, the guys who signed stuff ended up with clauses that kept them off live TV AND streaming (which is a big part of their system over there, it seems) shows with the option to do as many house shows or taped stuff (which most of them don't do.)

well lucky for me jimmy havoc and marty the villian had no part in the silly uk tournament

All i hear about nowadays is AIW and Progress.

PWG is really awesome. They put on amazing shows. If you have a chance to get tickets you should try and catch a show in LA. I know they love the building they are in but I think it sucks they refuse to move to a bigger place. Ticket prices are insane these days. Tickets sell for $65 for standing room only up to $100 for the big shows and are sold out within minutes every single time. For around 7 years I went to damn near every PWG show but you cant get your hands on tickets these days. Happy to see them grow so much but wish they were more accessible.

PWG is really awesome. They put on amazing shows. If you have a chance to get tickets you should try and catch a show in LA. I know they love the building they are in but I think it sucks they refuse to move to a bigger place. Ticket prices are insane these days. Tickets sell for $65 for standing room only up to $100 for the big shows and are sold out within minutes every single time. For around 7 years I went to damn near every PWG show but you cant get your hands on tickets these days. Happy to see them grow so much but wish they were more accessible.
What was the price when you first started going?

Back