Top level guys that become obsessed with The KO and chase it only to run right into one.

Rataria

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Obviously our new favorite pinyotta in Mr.Hill . (Jamal may be in the same predicament as the former UFC title challenger Dominique Reyes)

I suspect Justin Gaethje couldve actually one and easy had he fought more measured abd tactical (ala a Trevor Whiteman) or a Henry Hoo'ft .

the main and cismain guys are more rapidly getting lured into this high risk low defence exchanges and the overall lesser guy ends up winning , not always even in dramatic fashion. The better man can easily lose decisions because they were distracted and overly committed to a jaw shocking punch or kick instead of getting in a flow state and letting the finish happen orgnigally .

Sometimes you have to go for it. Especially if you are losing. When discipline and skill for skill isnt going your way youve got to dive into danger sometimes. Some guys have the killer instinct and correct physical attributes to be able to come out on top in such exchanges.

I think Gaethje has been much more strategic and calculated overall ever since he destroyed Ferguson. His win over Fiziev is good example of that. Holloway is just a better boxer and the broken nose in rd 1 plus the eye pokes didn't do Gaethje any favors.,

that adrenaline rush and dopamine thrill ain't no joke. gotta respect gsp for being discplined and playing it by points instead of being hasty.

Probably not exactly what you're asking but it's what I immediately thought of, but...

Fuckin' Werdum against Stipe after such a career idk 'resurgence' at the time with Cordeiro. His knee's were vicious and his striking was awareness MUCH improved.
Sea level Cain or not Werdum beat him up.
Next fight (iirc) he tags Stipe and decides to run after him and just give him his chin. I was pissed. Fuckin' cock guy.

I still don't know what Gaethje was thinkin ducking into a spinning back kick. Like dodge? Nope. Block? Nah.

cat-no.gif

Duck your face into his foot so your nose breaks?

cat-nodding.gif

K1 Maia as he was known back then.

I think Gaethje has been much more strategic and calculated overall ever since he destroyed Ferguson. His win over Fiziev is good example of that. Holloway is just a better boxer and the broken nose in rd 1 plus the eye pokes didn't do Gaethje any favors.,
Well sed

Back