• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies TOP GUN: MAVERICK (Named Best Picture by National Board of Review, post #1201)

If you have seen TOP GUN: MAVERICK, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Unless he's got something under his shirt going down is back that's ultra thin, I can't see a thing. I genuinely believe he's just sitting there with no protection. :eek:

I think he might just have a cable connected to his belt and then hooked onto part of the structure right behind him or something along those lines. But if not, yeah, total bad ass.

That's nuts. Needs more danger zone ASAP.

[YT]siwpn14IE7E[/YT]

Vid of Cruise at the top of Burj Khalifa when the helicopter is taking that pic. Not sure how close they really got but how the hell did that not blow him off the roof

That whole scene in Mission Impossible with that building was awesome

Drones are bullshit. The real Top Gun school still exists to this day, and STILL teaches dogfighting. So what the fuck is this bullshit?!

One aspect that made the original so amazing was the use of actual fighter jets. How much do you want to bet CGI jets/drones are used in this one?

How much do you want to bet that this movie looks/feels/sounds NOTHING like the original? Therefore it is a sequel in name only.

They didn't say Maverick would be using a drone, did they? The movie is about the changing landscape of aerial warfare, I think. So the characters might be dealing with drones and their shortcomings, etc.

If the timeline is accurate Maverick would have almost 35 years in the Navy. He would be at least a Captain, probably an Admiral. I wouldn't be surprised if he is cast as a civilian being pulled back in cuz he's the only guy crazy enough to get the job done right! Or they try some Rambo 2 bullshit where the CIA grabs him as a civilian for covert ops.

I bet if we put our heads together we could write a decent script for this one.

If the timeline is accurate Maverick would have almost 35 years in the Navy. He would be at least a Captain, probably an Admiral. I wouldn't be surprised if he is cast as a civilian being pulled back in cuz he's the only guy crazy enough to get the job done right! Or they try some Rambo 2 bullshit where the CIA grabs him as a civilian for covert ops.

I bet if we put our heads together we could write a decent script for this one.

If you remember, at the end of Top Gun he talks about wanting to be an instructor. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's the route they go. Not sure if Tom will go along with that, though. He's going to want to be the one blowing fools out of the air.

If you remember, at the end of Top Gun he talks about wanting to be an instructor. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's the route they go. Not sure if Tom will go along with that, though. He's going to want to be the one blowing fools out of the air.

Yeah part 1 ends with Maverick back in Miramar where he runs into McGillis in the cafe. That's the last scene. So why else would he be back in Miramar if he wasn't going to be an instructor?

Anyways, he wouldn't be an instructor for 30 years straight. I don't think that's how it works. You normally move stations and have different duty every few years.

Yeah part 1 ends with Maverick back in Miramar where he runs into McGillis in the cafe. That's the last scene. So why else would he be back in Miramar if he wasn't going to be an instructor?

Anyways, he wouldn't be an instructor for 30 years straight. I don't think that's how it works. You normally move stations and have different duty every few years.

Maybe he was an instructor, earned his reputation as the best ever, moved on, and now he's back.

Dear Hollywood,

It's okay for movies to not have sequels and it's really okay for old movies to not have sequels decades later.

Thanks.

fuuuuuu.jpg

Tom Cruise says IF they do a TOPGUN 2... "It HAS to be all practical jets. NO CGI. We'll see if we can make it happen with the defense department."

Fucking music to my ears.

Click link and scoll down for video:

Tom Cruise on TOPGUN 2: No CGI Jets

Tom Cruise says IF they do a TOPGUN 2... "It HAS to be all practical jets. NO CGI. We'll see if we can make it happen with the defense department."

Defense department? Shit's gonna be loaded with patriotism and propaganda. I want my recruitment flicks enticing me with macho gayness like the original Top Gun thank you very much

Dude, I so hope he sticks to that and refuses to come back otherwise.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Agreed! There's a sickening lack of patriotism in America today. I hate it.

Agreed! There's a sickening lack of patriotism in America today. I hate it.

Me too. It's fucking abhorrent how the left (self-loathing Americans) have taken over and tried to fundamentally change America in the way they have (making out like being patriotic and/or American and/or supporting our way of life is a shamful thing). Up to the 50s, America was greatly patriotic. Then the idiots took over in the 60s and 70s and that's really where we started going downhill. Then Patriotism was brought back in a big way in the 80s (Thanks Reagan). Then the late-90s and on and it started going down again. Now we're back to just about the 60s/70s-level of self loathing. It really is sickening.

Lol at some people talking about patriotism as if it were a bad thing. GTFO.

Sadly, Val Kilmer has an even worse problem. There is some growth on his throat which he only recently saw a doctor for because he's a Christian Scientist.

Back