Top Evan Tanner Moments

nash magnum

White Belt
Reaction score
With the release of Once I was a Champion just nine days away, I wanted to see what your favorite Evan moments are. Mine would have to be his defeat of David Tarrell. Most people agreed that David was the next big thing, and would walk through Evan, but after weathering the early storm, Evan put a beating on the younger fighter. So what are your favorite Evan Tanner moments?

The Terrell fight for sure. I also loved his second fight with Franklin, where he almost knocked Franklin out

1066082-evan_tanner_champion_super_display_image.jpg

And although he didn't win this fight, this stood out to me:

tanner_drops_franklin.gif

The Terrell moment yes.

I use to read his blog up until...and he had a lot of moments just in life that I thought were fantastic. I wish I could find his long lost blogs. The world needs more Evan Tanners.

The Terrell moment yes.

I use to read his blog up until...and he had a lot of moments just in life that I thought were fantastic. I wish I could find his long lost blogs. The world needs more Evan Tanners.

I was going to say something about his blog. The guy was a interesting character.

I think you picked. That fight epitomized him as a fighter. All the hype and MMA decorations overcome by sheer grit and will.

Always nice to see people paying tribute to Tanner. He was a true warrior, and the embodiment of a true Mixed Martial Artist. RIP.

Both of the Baroni fights were awesome as well. The first one was awesome, everyone (including Baroni) thought Phil was going to destroy Evan, but once again Evan defied the odds and came out on top.

Gotta agree w/ OP. He put Terrel in oblivion after that fight

Woah, I guess I completely forgot he dropped Rich, I am going to have to dig up that DVD. He was a great man, more worried about helping others than himself. The world does need more selfless people like Evan. RIP. BELIEVE!

Yeah, you don't see much of him anymore, is he still training with the Cesar Gracie team? I remember him being one of the first BJJ guys with great striking.

Winning the title over Terrell is the obvious choice, but I loved his brutal gnp finish on Ignatov. I enjoyed his triangle on Lawler, the comeback in the first Baroni fight, and his clinch work and elbows against Baroni and Gholar. knees against Baroni, and Gholar. Really, I just loved his elbow gnp and clinch work.

When he dropped Franklin I thought he had him. Miss tanner a lot

Both of the Baroni fights were awesome as well. The first one was awesome, everyone (including Baroni) thought Phil was going to destroy Evan, but once again Evan defied the odds and came out on top.

Yea that fight was pretty memorable. Tanner outright punished Phil to many people's surprise. He showed a lot of grit that fight.

The sub on Robbie Lawler was great as well.

The 1st fight is a joke, Baroni was on his way to winning that fight with Tanner staggering around all over the place before Landless makes 1 of the worst calls in mma to check his cuts, then follows it up with another shitty call to stop the fight when Phil was saying he was fine.

Back