Top Evan Tanner Moments

Terrell was supposed to destroy Evan the same way it was with GSP and Hughes the second and third times. That was a really big moment. RIP.

Let's be honest, only real reason Evan Tanner gets attention on here is because he died.

Bring of the flaming.

Clearly somebody who wasn't an mma fan during his career.

The beat down on Terrell is one of my all time faves.

Id say his peyote trip in the desert for me.

I kid I kid. It is good to see people remembering Tanner. I hated it when he lost to Rich. I think at one time he held the record for most triangles in the UFC, maybe he still does (Chael probably glad he didnt have to face tanner to get to Anderson). One of the reasons I became such a big fan of Anderson was cause he defeated Rich who took the title from my man back then.

Tanner has always had a huge following. Even more when he was alive?

Every day there was a thread on what he was up to. And that was when he wasn't even fighting for 2 years.

Those of you who credit his death as the source of him getting attention must be newer fans. Eilers and Aldana are also former UFC fighters who have passed and they have nowhere near the following he does.

The Tarrell fight was quite a coming out party for Evan, he was brought in as a stepping stone for the up and coming Tarrell. He seemed to always be the underdog. Perhaps the film release of Once I was a Champion in two days will be his next coming out party.

Ditto on the Terrell fight. The choke was pretty deep, surprised to see Tanner get out and look so strong afterwards.

The Terrell fight was awesome

But I'm going to say the second Baroni fight.

I don't remember a lot of details and I'm too lazy to dust off the dvd and rewatch it but I think their first fight Tanner was getting battered and was either saved by the bell or the ref checking his cuts and giving him time to recover, and the stoppage was bogus too as Baroni was accused of verbally submitting.

The second fight I remember was basically built up to be Baroni's revenge, and he was absolutely out classed by Evan the entire fight.

Yeah the second Baroni fight is awesome. Evan was supposed to get destroyed in both fights, even Phil thought he was going to kill him in the second scrap, he talks about in the documentary.

Back