Economy Top Democrats push to pay off $50,000 student loans

Post secondary school would probably be a lot cheaper, if they cut all the useless "Liberal" departments.

"Yo, we gotta have at least 60 people making 200K a year in the 'Gender Queer African Slave Market of 1600's Albania' department".

Anyways, if you didn't learn the first time around that this is all bullshit lip service, you're not gonna learn now. Vote for Biden! He'll totally get rid of your student debt this time! Swearsies!

I did four year active duty and earned the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
I did my first 60 hours at a community college and transferred.
I majored in accounting and not some worthless liberal arts BS.
I chose to reside and go to school in a state that covers tuition and fees with a 3.0 GPA.
I waited until I could pay in-state tuition to transfer out of state to UF.
Or I could've not joined the military and still graduated with no debt here in GA.
Or I could've learned a trade after getting a 9 month certificate.

You chose to go to a private school.
You chose to get some worthless liberal arts degree (s).
You chose to get loans while apparently not understanding how loans and interest work.

<Fedor23>
That is kind of the thing about this though. I’m not keen on paying these loans off as I did it similar to you and we paid for it in our own way. But at the same time, these places shouldn’t really be that expensive and we shouldn’t be approving loans for 50k+ to 18 year old kids because you are right, he probably didn’t know how it worked. It’s honestly pretty fucked up

Wouldn't a person feel like such a chump for busting their ass working through college to pay for it while their peers are taking out Student Loans partying away?

Does the Blue Collar class paying for the White Collar class seem fair?

Won't this only allow the colleges to charge even more if they get away with the government picking up the bill?

That is kind of the thing about this though. I’m not keen on paying these loans off as I did it similar to you and we paid for it in our own way. But at the same time, these places shouldn’t really be that expensive and we shouldn’t be approving loans for 50k+ to 18 year old kids because you are right, he probably didn’t know how it worked. It’s honestly pretty fucked up
If someone who's about to graduate HS doesn't know how loans and interest work then they shouldn't be going to college in the first place.

Post secondary school would probably be a lot cheaper, if they cut all the useless "Liberal" departments.

"Yo, we gotta have at least 60 people making 200K a year in the 'Gender Queer African Slave Market of 1600's Albania' department".

Anyways, if you didn't learn the first time around that this is all bullshit lip service, you're not gonna learn now. Vote for Biden! He'll totally get rid of your student debt this time! Swearsies!
The irony being that student loan interest stopped being subsidized thanks to legislation that Biden voted for as a senator back in the 90s and that it's damn near impossible to discharge student loan debt in bankruptcy thanks to legislation he voted for in the 70s and 80s.

If someone who's about to graduate HS doesn't know how loans and interest work then they shouldn't be going to college in the first place.
Lets not blame the kids too much. Their school was probably busy teaching them men can get pregnant.

I can see where this would really piss you off. The president of a foreign country promising to use their money to pay off these loans. Wouldn't blame you one bit for not voting for him in November. I would be completely up in arms if something like this was happening in Canada. However, maybe it is happening and I just don't know because I'm not a loser that follows dumb shit that has nothing to do with me.

Don't they have orientations and seminars before diving into student debt?

The people who need the loans paid off the most are the ones with 3 figure loans if we pay off interest. This proposal is designed to appease the largest chunk of the masses while doing the least.

In any case education is a right. And no one really has any loans because the govt does not have a right to do what its doing.

That's very irresponsible of schools. Also, student loans should only be reserved for science/math/engineering courses.
Originally they were in 1958 (in response to the Soviets beating us in the space race).

I’m sure they know how they technically work. They just don’t understand the real impact of taking it in.

But you kind of just agreed without realizing it- they shouldn’t be allowed to get the loans in the first place.

Sometimes when moving forward it will come at the expense of the people who have already paid their debts to the old system, its not always a bad thing.

I do however not approve of student debt forgivenes as it leads lots of idiots who have no plan to actually finish school but use it for parties, clubs and social connections. Make student loans interest free if people graduate, this way people will have an added incentive to only study if they plan on finishing up.

I assure you college has that demographic with or without charging people. And I only take this as a good faith argument because you didn't mention getting a job which needs to be completley disconnected from college. The idea that education is supposed to be tied to employment has laid waste to the humanities and fueled an army of capitalist MBA ghouls.

Education is a right. This is not negotiable.

I’m sure they know how they technically work. They just don’t understand the real impact of taking it in.

But you kind of just agreed without realizing it- they shouldn’t be allowed to get the loans in the first place.
Sounds kinda racist.

Back