Top 5 best offensive grapplers in MMA

Is Khabib an offensive grappler though? To me that would mean searching for subs 24/7. Whereas Khabib is more about grappling control, so he can use GnP.

I’ll refrain from commenting further as we probably have different definitions of what we are talking about here.

But I will say Maia fits my definition.

Is Khabib an offensive grappler though? To me that would mean searching for subs 24/7. Whereas Khabib is more about grappling control, so he can use GnP.

I’ll refrain from commenting further as we probably have different definitions of what we are talking about here.

But I will say Maia fits my definition.
Grappling is more than BJJ imo

If by offensive you mean hunting for the sub then Kron, Ferguson, Werdum, Maia, Jacare (before dummies start chirping hes a beast on top) and T-City

If you are saying controlling then Kabob, Asskren, Fitch

If by offensive you mean hunting for the sub then Kron, Ferguson, Werdum, Maia, Jacare (before dummies start chirping hes a beast on top) and T-City

If you are saying controlling then Kabob, Asskren, Fitch
Why not both

need a khabib smashing conor GIF,, of course khabibs offensive , he s always moving forward

Askren, Khabib, Daniel Cormier, Jon Bones, Yoel Romero

No idea what order

Depends on how one defines "offensive grappling".
Examples:
- Tony and Maia keep looking for subs.
- Khabib and Askren dominate and GnP.
- Conor's grappling is so bad it's offensive. :p

Askren, Khabib, Daniel Cormier, Jon Bones, Yoel Romero

No idea what order

basically this, but I wouldnt put romero on there. I think he could probably kill just about anyone he mounted, he doesnt use his wrestling offensively that much

I think he could probably kill just about anyone he mounted, he doesnt use his wrestling offensively that much
Yoel's wrestling is more defensive than offensive, and he tries to mix it up when he's struggling.

I wouldnt even say he's top 10 mma grappler imo.

basically this, but I wouldnt put romero on there. I think he could probably kill just about anyone he mounted, he doesnt use his wrestling offensively that much
Sometimes

giphy.gif

Rockhold deserves to be included

Not the best offensive takedowns but once he’s got top control you’re done. His GnP is so effective and his sub game is solid.

In MMA.. Ryan Hall, Kron Gracie, Khabib, Neiman Gracie, Askren

In the UFC.. Yahya, Ryan, Kron, Khabib, Askren

Pettis has done well offensively, he’s got a lot of subs from his back against quality opponents. I don’t know if I’d rank him on the top 5 but anyway.

Charles Oliveira is one for sure. Very dangerous guy if he gets a hold of you and he often does!

Werdum at heavyweight.

Demian Maia. Only great fighters have managed to keep the fight standing and I guess only Shields grappled with him and didn’t get tooled. I could be wrong, though. Still one of the GOAT grapplers offensively. So maybe Shields too?

Kron Gracie is a killer, but still an unproven one.

T-City Ortega.

Jacare seems to stand and bang these days, but he’s one of the best. Got outworked by Hermansson, who is no slouch, but you have to look back at what Jacare has done and achieved.

Khabib.

Something like this.

Are GSPs TDs and ground control not considered offensive grappling?

I'd throw Hughes on here too..

Back