Top 5 best offensive grapplers in MMA

Totally depends on the definition of offensive. Khabib is offensive always... Always moving forward attacking, and getting dominant positions. That is offensive, I. e. Aggression... But at the same time one of the things that makes him great is that he doesn't take unnecessary risks and give up position to go for a sub. That's being smart. If offensive means just going for subs then it should be straight bjj not mma. Offensive is going for the win, which khabib does.. He just takes his time and hold his dominant positions.. So he is the top guy in mma currently. It's not the same as say.. Askren.. Who is more of a try for the decision guy like gsp was. Khabib punishes people far more than most lay and pray guys. It's part of his gameplan to wear people out by keeping dominant position while always staying busy. He doest take rounds off on the ground, if he takes a round off its like the 3rd vs al or conor.. All stand up. He is great at not getting tagged square and doesn't get enough credit for his striking defense.

Yoel's wrestling is more defensive than offensive, and he tries to mix it up when he's struggling.

I wouldnt even say he's top 10 mma grappler imo.
ugh.

I dont want to agree with you because I know his grappling game could be amazing, but youre def right.

on topic, there was a point where I thought king mo had the best mma wrestling. dunno what happened to it

arona.jpg

If by offensive you mean hunting for the sub then Kron, Ferguson, Werdum, Maia, Jacare (before dummies start chirping hes a beast on top) and T-City

If you are saying controlling then Kabob, Asskren, Fitch

Ever since watching Jacare in Bellator til now I've been disappointed with his grappling, I'd heard such big things about him.

Ever since watching Jacare in Bellator til now I've been disappointed with his grappling, I'd heard such big things about him.

Well Jacare never fought in Bellator but he had submission wins in Strikeforce over Robbie Lawler, Matt Lindland and Ed Herman. In the UFC he fell in love with his striking which is always ill advised for these beast grapplers! Especially the ones, Like Jacare, with great takedowns?!?!? It happened with Ronda Rousey, Demien Maia and if we wanna go back in time Renzo at one point fancied himself something special on the feet. Jacare has 26 wins in MMA and 14 of those are by submission. He’s got 4 in the UFC and one over Gegard Mousasi who’s a monster in his own right so I suppose what I’m saying is it’s too bad you aren’t impressed with one of the all time great submission grapplers grappling abilities in the octagon despite him having a pretty impressive submission resume for mma......?

Is Khabib an offensive grappler though? To me that would mean searching for subs 24/7. Whereas Khabib is more about grappling control, so he can use GnP.

I’ll refrain from commenting further as we probably have different definitions of what we are talking about here.

But I will say Maia fits my definition.
grappling is far more than submissions.

Rockhold deserves to be included

Not the best offensive takedowns but once he’s got top control you’re done. His GnP is so effective and his sub game is solid.
Was just about to say this. I know we love to hate him but he's a fucking monster once he gets you down.

Back