Top 10 strikers in MMA history: Who are?

Where is Hunt?

I hadn't thought of it except for tonight.....

For the life of me, I can't see a reason why Pride didn't put together Huto Nog.

"The guy who hits like a truck....vs. concrete chin".

Just on that sell alone.

In practice, it probably would've been similar to Joshu vs. Hunt.

#1- Pereria
#2- Silva
#3-Halloway
#4- Stephen Thompson
#5-Machida
#6- Adesanya
#7- McGregor
#8-Cro Cop
#9- Liddell
#10-Fedor
I would swap out Chuck and Fedor for Aldo and Overeem. Aside of that, It's a good list.

You have Conor way too high on that list. He has a couple of championship level knock outs. That is it. Chuck Lidell has way more.

A list without Jose Aldo is a bunk list.

Take note TS and any of you other morons.

I hadn't thought of it except for tonight.....

For the life of me, I can't see a reason why Pride didn't put together Huto Nog.

"The guy who hits like a truck....vs. concrete chin".

Just on that sell alone.

In practice, it probably would've been similar to Joshu vs. Hunt.
Nog would have had a much harder time getting Hunt down than Josh

He probably would have figured out a way though, its a tough fight.

Sometimes some fights just dont happen because of timing. Both guys gotta be ready at the same time and want to fight each other and got nothin else better goin on.

People are forgetting how effective prime JDS was with his striking back in the days. He became champion and defended his title basically using only mma boxing.
He still holds the record for the longest winning streak in the UFC Heavyweight division (9 wins).

Like its a pretty awful list, but other than that it's fine

This not includes only technique but also efficiency, physical quality, one punch power and endurence

My list:

1- Anderson Silva
2 - Alex Poatan
3 - Connor Mcgregor
4 - Israel Adesanya
5 - Jon Jones
6 - Max Holloway
7 - Robert Whittaker
8 - Tom Aspinall
9 - Francis Nganou
10 -Volkanovski

I am so shit at these, but I think you gave it a good go to be honest.

Not really sure about Whittaker, not sure about Aspinall either as like Topuria I'd probably keep better rounded fighters off the list - but Jon Jones absolutely does deserve to be on there for the way he dismantled so many legendary strikers at 205.

Give me Aldo and CroCop over Whittaker and Aspinall. Give me Overeem over Volk.

You have Conor way too high on that list. He has a couple of championship level knock outs. That is it. Chuck Lidell has way more.
Chuck had the luxury of not fighting the top guys as they were in PRIDE. Shogun and Rampage both took him out pretty easy, and would have at any point during his run

People are forgetting how effective prime JDS was with his striking back in the days. He became champion and defended his title basically using only mma boxing.
He still holds the record for the longest winning streak in the UFC Heavyweight division (9 wins).

Absolutely toyed with Hunt too. Shame to see how far he's fallen

Are we overlooking Mousasi? Knocked out once in 50 fights, never outstruck and completely outclassed quite a few high level guys.
Solid in kickboxing and boxing too.

lol @ this thread / multiple posts look like

"1. Jones
2. O'Malley
3. Poatan
4. Izzy
5. Conor
6. Gane
7. Aspinall
8. Ilia
9. Volk
10. Anderson"

- listed generated sincerely either from A) UFC promoter or B) utterly clueless new fans

When your all-time list is 90% ranked fighters as of today, you're showing you don't know much about the sport's history.

Francis was losing to Gane while the fight stood upright but I understand he's one of most drangeours strikers
id put prime jds above than nganou
he has better boxing
also has a 1 punch ko that ever HW posses
no one has outstriked prime jds
only lost via grueling clinch vs cain
after that war we all know he wasnt the same

nganou in his prime lost a striking fight jds hasnt
prime nganou has a tendency to get scared
example blackbeast and gane

prime jds knocks out anyone in his prime or outstrikes them

This not includes only technique but also efficiency, physical quality, one punch power and endurence

My list:

1- Anderson Silva
2 - Alex Poatan
3 - Connor Mcgregor
4 - Israel Adesanya
5 - Jon Jones
6 - Max Holloway
7 - Robert Whittaker
8 - Tom Aspinall
9 - Francis Nganou
10 -Volkanovski
This list sucks man

No jds

No vitor

Is this STRICTLY the ufc performance?

Islam Makhachev, getting very well rounded, good striking.
Dustin Poirier, probably is too in love with his own hands, but the man can strike for sure, beat Max Holloway standing up.

Conor was outstruck by Khabib and Volk was outstruck by Islam LOL.
While not a Conor fan his (prime) striking skills were top notch, his UFC run up to the Alvarez fight was very decent, losing to Khabib doesnt take away from his striking skills imo. Similar for Volk, he lost to an actually great underrated striker, who happens to be a division bigger, and Volk is actually short at FW.

1. Alex
2. Anderson
3. Adesanya
4. McGregor
5. Wonderboy
6. Aldo
7. Holloway
8. Volk
9. Mvp
10. Toss up between ubereem, Francis, crocop, Aspinall, gane and rumble. Really hard to pick between those 6
Nice list, no love for Poirier?

Back