Top 10 strikers in MMA history: Who are?

1) AS
2) Adesanya
3) Poatan
4) CC
5) Holloway
6) Aldo
7 )JDS
8) Nangou
9) Edson Barboza
10) Hunto/ Poirier/ Reem

why? Connor beated Nate on standing up in second fight
Not really. Either way, Conor got his shit pushed in the first fight. 1st fight was way more dominate for Nate than the 2nd fight for either fighter. Hell conor got out struck by the ultimate crotch sniffer in Khabib. Conor is one of the most overrated in striking.

I like Mark Hunt, but I really don't think he's THAT successful.

He got a friendly decision against Wanderlei Silva, was obliterated by Melvin Manhoef, and easily beaten by Gegard Mousassi (cant' remember if he used striking though). That's not a good look for a big yank to lose to three guys who are basically MW size.

Plus, he's just been flat out beaten on the feet by other heavies.

Those guys you listed can not only beat other strikers consistently, but they can use their striking to stop grapplers. Mark Hunt couldn't do that at a consistent level as all those guys who are basically all champs except Dustin, who is probably the most successful LW to not have a title.

I guess verdict remains for Alex if he can deal with "grapplers", but his track record on the feet is better than Mark Hunt's.

All great points. But I think if we place his striking technique in a vacuum it's definitely in the higher echelon, and I'd always argue he'll always be in the top 10 at least someone better can knock him off the list.

The Melvin Manhoef fight I think is a testament to Manhoef's power more so than a case against Hunt's striking prowess. He charged like a reckless bull, probably high on meth. Something he said in an interview he would never do ever again. Same Mark Hunt who survived multiple leg kicks from Crocop in both K-1 and MMA.

Hunt's MMA record is also deceiving. He beat Crocop, Silva, Lewis, Barnett, Nelson and Struve. All MMA veterans who's fought a who's who in the heavyweight division. All this while being a very one-dimensional MMA fighter that fights with a height and reach disadvantage most the time.

The only time I can recall Hunt has been beaten in a pure striking match in MMA was against JDS and Overeem. Both insane strikers in their own right.

With talks about Periera fighting in the HW division, I don't see him beating Fedor, Brock or even Stipe as well despite having a better build than Hunt.

Also, again if we take into consideration the accolades from their kickboxing career. Mark Hunt beat the who's who also in K-1 back in the day. Lebanner, Leko, Graham, Sefo and Bernardo. You can't win against these behemoths with just punching power alone. A stereotype Hunt is commonly brushed aside into. Short, bulky, power punchers with minimal striking technique but unnatural punching power.

All great points. But I think if we place his striking technique in a vacuum it's definitely in the higher echelon, and I'd always argue he'll always be in the top 10 at least someone better can knock him off the list.

The Melvin Manhoef fight I think is a testament to Manhoef's power more so than a case against Hunt's striking prowess. He charged like a reckless bull, probably high on meth. Something he said in an interview he would never do ever again. Same Mark Hunt who survived multiple leg kicks from Crocop in both K-1 and MMA.

Hunt's MMA record is also deceiving. He beat Crocop, Silva, Lewis, Barnett, Nelson and Struve. All MMA veterans who's fought a who's who in the heavyweight division. All this while being a very one-dimensional MMA fighter that fights with a height and reach disadvantage most the time.

The only time I can recall Hunt has been beaten in a pure striking match in MMA was against JDS and Overeem. Both insane strikers in their own right.

With talks about Periera fighting in the HW division, I don't see him beating Fedor, Brock or even Stipe as well despite having a better build than Hunt.

Also, again if we take into consideration the accolades from their kickboxing career. Mark Hunt beat the who's who also in K-1 back in the day. Lebanner, Leko, Graham, Sefo and Bernardo. You can't win against these behemoths with just punching power alone. A stereotype Hunt is commonly brushed aside into. Short, bulky, power punchers with minimal striking technique but unnatural punching power.
A significant factor there was I'd say Hunt was in poor form post Pride until the UFC offered to cancel his contract and his turned things around motivation wise. He basically jumps directly into Manhoef's hooks which gets him KOed, not the kind of wreckless thing he typically did otherwise. Yeah he depended on his chin a good deal but he maximised it by rarely being caught off balance.

It does I think depend quite a bit what exactly you are ranking, if your ranking who was the best striker at a certain point in time then I think Hunt circa 04-06 would potentially have a case and then the latter return to form Hunt in the UFC pretty strong as well although lacking in cardio.

Back