Took Gold in my First Tournament

LivnLaVidaChoka

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This Saturday I competed in the Renzo Gracie Invitational. This was my first tournament. I took gold in the White Belt Super Heavy (200 - 215).

Overall my team had 10 guys compete. 7 of 10 medaled.

What a great experience. I cannot describe the feeling of accomplishment standing on top of the podium.

I even got to fight a fellow Sherdog grappling forum regular in the finals. Mike, my appologies again for puking on you in the finals ha.

I downed a huge glass of NO Explode when they called my name to the warm up area. Little did I know that there was no warm up. Seemed like everyone had ample / excesive warm up time except for my division. I was walking to the bathroom to take a leak when they made a last call for my name. So I started competing with a gut load of fluid and puked about a shot glass amount of said fluid on damit2hell in the finals.

Rookie mistake.

I downed a huge glass of NO Explode when they called my name to the warm up area. Little did I know that there was no warm up. Seemed like everyone had ample / excesive warm up time except for my division. I was walking to the bathroom to take a leak when they made a last call for my name. So I started competing with a gut load of fluid and puked about a shot glass amount of said fluid on damit2hell in the finals.

Rookie mistake.

Hahaha I gotta see that video....congrats on your medal! What school do you train at? Soca's? Serra's? SOunds like you guys did well.

Hahaha I gotta see that video....congrats on your medal! What school do you train at? Soca's? Serra's? SOunds like you guys did well.

I train with Joe D'Arce (Renzo BB). Yeah we did really well overall. As far as the video, I played it off real well so I don't know how much you will see regarding the puking incident ha.

Yea from what people told me, it looked like you just drooled on me...a lot, i didn't even know until you told me

hahaha wow thats hilarious!

but congrats on the gold! you should be really proud. You too damit for getting to finals!

Congrats! Renzo's is a really good school, so I'm sure the level of competition was high. So winning first is impressive. Awesome job man!!!

Back