Tony won’t get a title shot if he doesn’t fight and beat Dustin lmao.

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This is still not gonna happen if Tony doesn’t man up and tell Dana he not fighting until Dustin is his opponent. Tony fighting and beating Charles, Benny or Hooker who just got beat on by DP does him no good in the grand scheme of things and hopefully Khabib says no and fights GSP or some shit if this is the case.

This is still not gonna happen if Tony doesn’t man up and tell Dana he not fighting until Dustin is his opponent. Tony fighting and beating Charles, Benny or Hooker who just got beat on by DP does him no good in the grand scheme of things and hopefully Khabib says no and fights GSP or some shit if this is the case.
I think Dustin's a sherdogger.
"Tony's the type of guy who would manage his opponent and get him a new contract for the fight to happen."
Dustin Poirier
https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/9/...ier-to-make-the-fight-happen-poirier-responds

Khabib said beat DP and he will fight u, Tony is ready DP is not, it goes to next challenger, if its Hooker, Oliviera or Chandler for all I care

"if Tony doesn’t man up"
@Keyboard Warrior
<{UberTS}>

If Tony wins his next fight, he is 13-1.
khabib/Geathje winner vs Tony, lets go.

Khabib said beat DP and he will fight u, Tony is ready DP is not, it goes to next challenger, if its Hooker, Oliviera or Chandler for all I care
u don't get a TS beating fucking Hooker ... If tony want a TS, he need to beat dustin, even more if justin beat Khabib.

u don't get a TS beating fucking Hooker ... If tony want a TS, he need to beat dustin, even more if justin beat Khabib.

Tony needs to fight someone that's refusing to fight? No that's not how this works. The show must go on.

tony only gets a title shot anyway if Conor isn't in picture which most people believe he might be.

Tony needs to fight someone that's refusing to fight? No that's not how this works. The show must go on.
dustin want the tony fight, he want to get the payday he earned, tony want it too, he understand that he aint getting a TS beating dan hooker ... if tony want a TS, he either need to beat conor or dustin, I doubt the conor fight is happening in the next 6 month minimum. So it is dustin or nothing for tony at this point. ( if he want a TS of course ... )

dustin want the tony fight, he want to get the payday he earned, tony want it too, he understand that he aint getting a TS beating dan hooker ... if tony want a TS, he either need to beat conor or dustin, I doubt the conor fight is happening in the next 6 month minimum. So it is dustin or nothing for tony at this point. ( if he want a TS of course ... )

We will have to agree to disagree, Tony is deemed to be in position for a number 1 contender fight and so is Dustin. Dustin not signing the contract is not Tony's problem.

Same as if a number 1 contender dont want to sign to fight a champion, it goes to the next guy. You cant penalise Tony for Dustin not fighting that's bs. If dustin dont want to fight Tony fights next guy which is exactly what the UFC have said

PrestigiousTerribleAffenpinscher-size_restricted.gif

We will have to agree to disagree, Tony is deemed to be in position for a number 1 contender fight and so is Dustin. Dustin not signing the contract is not Tony's problem.

Same as if a number 1 contender dont want to sign to fight a champion, it goes to the next guy. You cant penalise Tony for Dustin not fighting that's bs. If dustin dont want to fight Tony fights next guy which is exactly what the UFC have said
lol if u think tony is getting a TS after beating hooker ur delusional ... Let's see

- first case scenario khabib wins :

Khabib said he ll face whoever beat dustin to determine the true no1 contender, so tony beating hooker ( who just loss to poirier ) aint fighting khabib ... add the fact that this fight is cursed, tony must really be the true no1 contender for the fight to be booked a 6th time by the UFC !

You can maybe hope that Khabib will want to face tony just to have his name on his resumé, but I doubt it, his last interviews suggest that he'll fight the rightful no1 contender , no matter who it is.

- second case scenario justin wins :

It is even worse for tony ... justin just destroyed him for 25 minutes, Poirier is the last man to have beat Justin, and by TKO pls, conor too is out here looking for the title and see justin as a good match up, and not even talking about a possible rematch between justin and khabib ... so if justin wins : dustin, conor and even khabib would be in front of tony for a possible title shot.

- Again if tony want a TS after his next fight, his only options are dustin or conor. Conor being out of the picture for at least 5 months, the only option is dustin. If u don't agree with me, no problem, time will teach u ...

In my mind he has nothing to prove, I just want Tony vs Khabib before I get grey hair.

Tony is never getting a TS.

That interim fight cost him dearly.

By your logic Tony might never fight again. There's no guarantee that Dustin and the UFC will ever come to terms.

Dustin needs the Tony fight more than Tony needs Dustin. Dustin just got destroyed by Khabib and will need a spectacular win if wants a rematch and Tony is the guy to beat. Tony could pick up a couple quick wins and easily get a title shot.

Tony wasn't getting a title shot regardless especially if Justin beats Khabib although if one person deserves a title shot off a 1 fight win streak Tony would be the person who deserves that.

Tony should be on that card just in case someone pulls out last second. Secondly, he needs a win period. Dustin would be ideal but Tony’s stock is down and I think any top 10 win will only help him. He can always fight Dustin down the road if a title shot doesn’t materialize. Good chance he needs 2 wins anyways so might as well get one out the way now

Dustin needs the Tony fight more than Tony needs Dustin. Dustin just got destroyed by Khabib and will need a spectacular win if wants a rematch and Tony is the guy to beat. Tony could pick up a couple quick wins and easily get a title shot.
If Dustin beats Tony he’s 100% gonna wait for Khabib to retire so Dustin vs Conor 2 for the interm belt gets made which is a winnable fight for him. Don’t know who Khabib would fight if Dustin did beat Tony but I’m still banking on GSP or somebody big happening.

Back