Tony vs. Dustin is going to be crazy.

Such an awesome matchup, I can't wait to see it, I really like both guys, can't pick a winner, I know it will be intense and so good though.
I think this fight will be 50/50 so it is hard to pick a winner but i think Dustin may get the job done in the later rounds

I hope that this is a main event of a Fight Night card so it can be 5 rounds. I don't want it to be on a PPV since it probably won't be the main event of a PPV and only be a 3 round fight.
I think it will be 100% a main event fight night because both of them are big names

in all seriousness when has he ever quit. He’s a guy I always thought was mediocre, and made
It to the top of his division with heart man. You gotta appreciate dp.
He has shown heart of late, not long ago he quit against Eddie Alvarez and few times before that

Not after getting mauled by khabib. You can sell it if Justin wins, no one's going to be interested in khabib-porier 2. First one didn't crack a million sales. I doubt the second one will crack it.

They'd rather give it to conor. Because he's Conor. At least Conor was somewhat competitive against khabib. Dustin got mauled the whole fight. He had no control. Hos only moment of the fight was a right hand to the chin of khabib and the guillotine. That's it.

Aldo wasn't dominated. It was a close fight that went to the judges. Dustin was dominated and submitted and barely won 3-2 against hooker. That's enough for a rematch????? Aldo got the fight because the champion at the time , cejudo asked for it but abruptly retired. Marlon couldn't get the title shot because....he lost to cejudo already

Aldo lost in a non-title match to someone who wasn't the champion. Doesn't matter if it was close or not. He lost. And was given a title shot his next fight.

And the Conor argument you're making goes against what you're saying about Dustin. Conor also got mauled by Khabib. Be serious, that was not any more competitive than Dustin was. So Conor gets mauled, and then a win against the #14 fighter earns him a shot, but Dustin needs more than a great win in a great fight over the #5?

Having said all of that, from a less hypothetical viewpoint, your point about PPV buys is a very real consideration. I like to talk more about who has earned it and who I think deserves it. Selling it should Dana's job after the person who deserves it gets the chance, not the criteria for giving a title shot beforehand.

Last edited:
Aldo lost in a non-title match to someone who wasn't the champion. Doesn't matter if it was close or not. He lost. And was given a title shot his next fight.

And the Conor argument you're making goes against what you're saying about Dustin. Conor also got mauled by Khabib. Be serious, that was not any more competitive than Dustin was. So Conor gets mauled, and then a win against the #14 fighter earns him a shot, but Dustin needs more than a great win in a great fight over the #5?

Having said all of that, from a less hypothetical viewpoint, your point about PPV buys is a very real consideration. I like to talk more about who has earned it and who I think deserves it. Selling it should Dana's job after the person who deserves it gets the chance, not the criteria for giving a title shot beforehand.
He lost to the number 1 contender who just got his ass kicked. Got his ass knocked out. Dana booked the fight for name value. Doesn't mean he deserved it, but it's easy to sell that because it was a competitive fight that went the distance. You can't sell Marlon-Cejudo 2 after just being knocked out and winning a contested fight. Marlon would have needed a second fight.

Conor is the golden goose. I don't think he should get the rematch, but again he's Conor. I think there are multiple guys in that division that has more of a case to get the title shot before Conor.

Conor didn't get mauled as much as Dustin did. Dustin had no answer. Plus Conor being as long away from the game and all the debacle leaning up to the fight can use the excuse he wasn't focused. He's conor. He has deluded fans he can trick. He can sell the public on that.

If Dustin had beaten Tony in a contested fight or knocked him out and he didn't face dan hooker, its enough to sell the public imo. Idk how the public is going to buy that essentially a no name up and comer (to casual fans) almost kicked your ass and expect you to buy that you can handle khabib again?

If he beat tony even without hooker, you can sell that to the public. Yeah tony would lose 2 in a row, but he's been dominant for 5 years and these are the only guys(gaethje/dustin) that beat him went on to be IC champs or challenge for the title.

Conor's deluded argument : first round was competitive. I took no damage. (Delusion)

Second argument : he's never lost a round but he lost one to me. Which means I'm on to something. ( Delusion)

Because of my private chaotic life, I wasn't prepared. I was complacent (delusion)

What can Dustin sell to the public to make the casual audience want to purchase that fight again? I guess you can sell it as khabibs final match this is assuming gsp turns down the fight.

Other than that, Dana isn't looking to make that match again so soon.

Tony is good.. but not as good as ppl think or thought he was.. he somehow managed to avoid all the really top guys at lw and when he did fight one he got destroyed.

He can always pull of a slick sub or catch one but i dont see him beating dustin

this will be the fight that shows if tony still has it, i personally think he does and wins against dustin, his fight against justin was short notice similar to when tony fought johnson and lost

Tony is NOT far enough removed from the Justin beating..

Dustin should win handily..

I get that Tony wants to get right back to the clear #1 contender, but taking this fight seems crazy to me. Dustin may be a better version of gathje, more crisp boxer with great power at 155. If I'm Tony's manager this is the one fight I'm not taking. Bad style matchup, especially coming off the beating he took from gathje. Tony needs a decisive win against someone in the top ten and hes right back where he was. If he beats Dustin hes once again the clear cut #1 contender, but he could probably get the same result from beating hooker Felder or oliveria with far less risk on my opinion. This is an all in move, win and you get next title shot,(barring gathje winning and taking Conor fight) lose and you drop out of top five and probably never see a real ts. Amazing fight, I want to watch it, but seems way too risky to me at least.
I don't know about crisper boxer but poirier is a tough out

According to that website. The source of his article didn't claim that. What is the source of this claim that it was the first that hit a million?
Uhhhhh the Disney CEO? The Disney CEO said mcgregor-cerrone was the first to a million buys which means 242 did less

Where's your source that it was close to a million? Please don't tell me meltzer. Guy gets numbers wrong all the time as shown by the antitrust lawsuits documents

I'm afraid Justin might have broke Tony beyond repair. Dustin hits hard too, i got Dustin by KTFO

Tony is good and exciting but can’t stand the guys personality, looking forward to seeing him get bludgeoned again.
Same here, and I'd say I was satisfied by the last beating, but I'd watch another

Yeah it is kind of risky. To me this fight doesn’t even need to happen.

If Khabib beats JG then just give Tony the next shot. Otherwise give it to DDP.

Not really, Poirier will prove that Ferguson has never been elite.

Back