Tony Fergusson BANDWAGGON! GET in before it's too late! TONY TIME LFG!

I think it depends entirely on whether Benny realizes that not everything has to be a war all the time. If he plays it smart and wrestles Tony, playing the top control game (and has the cardio to do so), then I think he wins a 29-28, maybe 29-27 Decision. Otherwise I could see Tony's cardio, chin, and striking arsenal allowing him to take over and melt Dariush late.

Not sure how much stock to put into Beneil's comments. Fighters say that kind of shit all the time.

Rooting for Dariush in any case. He has room and potential to be a Top 5 guy and the future of the division. Tony peaked long ago and is in a sharp downward spiral.

I'd rather Beneil win and climb the rankings

I fear we may be at the end of Tony time. We’ve seen this plenty of times now where an aging fighter suddenly passes a point in their career and can no longer seem to win big fights. I’m pretty confident that’s where Tony is today. I can’t imagine that the Tony from a few years back would have lost to Charles.

He is one of my all time favorite fighters though so I will be rooting for him either way.

I don't agree. I think Oliveira right now is a very touch match up for Tony at any point his career. What's right thing to say that Tony from a few years ago would have never lost to Oliveira from a few years ago. Oliveira has been looking great for a while now.

Beneil is great, but one thing is that guy can be pretty wild. I think he's kinda like RDA, but more wrestling oriented. Tony picked apart RDA.

I do agree that some fighters do come to a point where they are done. But I think Justin and Oliveira isn't Dariush. I think Tony's length is going to pose problems.

It's just hard to say when a fighter is done, I guess. It's even harder to say when someone loses to two elite fighters. Especially when Tony didn't have chance to prepare Justin who's a completely different fighter to Khabib. He got a beatdown of his life time, then fought only 7 months later too.

So Tony never had a chance to prepare for Justin, and he may have needed more time to recover from that beatdown as well.

I can't say how this will go, but I think it depends on what Beneil does. That man can be wild at times. And when you do that, Tony will eat you alive.

Beneil said he wants to outcrazy Tony. If he means that, then he going to get fucked up.

I'm leaning Tony but wouldn't bet any money on it considering how much damage he took in his last fight.

I have Dariush in this one. Tony has not looked good lately.

It looks like Tony's training super hard for this fight. I think he's giving everything he got. He could surprise everyone with his performance, I think.

I really fucking hope Tony still has it.

Hes the type of guy to tell Herb Dean to protect yourself at all times.

I'm leaning Tony but wouldn't bet any money on it considering how much damage he took in his last fight.

Tony didn't take much damage in Oliveira fight since he got pretty much laid on apart from sub attempts. He may have needed some rest from that beatdown. And looks pretty determined to me. Could surprise us all with his next fight.

I'm not saying that Ferguson will ever become the UFC Lightweight World Champion.

However, I will say that, IF Ferguson ever becomes the UFC Lightweight World Champion, he will make history as someone who is 37 years old and still doing well in the Lightweight Division.

It's very rare to see someone who's in the Lightweight Division do well at the age of 37 (or even older). Has it ever happened before Ferguson?

I'm not saying that Ferguson will ever become the UFC Lightweight World Champion.

However, I will say that, IF Ferguson ever becomes the UFC Lightweight World Champion, he will make history as someone who is 37 years old and still doing well in the Lightweight Division.

It's very rare to see someone who's in the Lightweight Division do well at the age of 37 (or even older). Has it ever happened before Ferguson?

Edgar got a titleshot at 37 at FW.

Dos Anjos is 37 in a few months. He's doing pretty well. So it's probably not as rare as you think. Outside HW, it's just not a common occurance in any weight classes I think. Well heavyweight and WMMA probably.

Edgar got a titleshot at 37 at FW.

That's good. I'm happy for him. Thanks for telling me.

I tend to forget how many times Edgar has received a title shot inside some type of division because it's happened so many times.

I sort of think that Edgar was close to receiving a title shot in the Bantamweight Division before Sandhagen decapitated Edgar.

Leonardo Santos lost at 41, but he has been beating prospects left and right too.

Jim Miller is 37 now, and he was 5-2 before losing his last fight since the beginning of 09'. Miller is turning 38 soon. So he was 5-2 last couple years at 37 years old.

Clay Guida is 39 years old and he's still going as strong as ever. Was a fairly big underdog against Johnson but came out victorious.

That's good. I'm happy for him. Thanks for telling me.

I tend to forget how many times Edgar has received a title shot inside some type of division because it's happened so many times.

I sort of think that Edgar was close to receiving a title shot in the Bantamweight Division before Sandhagen decapitated Edgar.

I think so. But would've loved to see Edgar vs TJ or Cruz.

Joe Lauzon hasn't fought in a while but he's 37 soon.

Michael Chandler is 35 in less than two weeks.

Also, Tony turned 37 like two months ago so he's not old 37 either.

Tony didn't take much damage in Oliveira fight since he got pretty much laid on apart from sub attempts. He may have needed some rest from that beatdown. And looks pretty determined to me. Could surprise us all with his next fight.
I only watched it when it first happened, so I probably don't remember well. I remembered it was a dominant victory but if it was just positional and not true damage then I'd favor Tony more heavily. We'll see.

Back