Media Tony Fergusons BJJ Coach doesnt sound confident. Look into it.

I learned BJJ same as tanner about the same time he did.
Then I trained at the best place my country could offer.
I realized my BJJ is less structured.
I seems more “free” to me.
In my experience different subs work better for some depending on your morphology.
I have crazy long arms like Tony and I had no problem catching darces mid takedown or better yet Mid-scramble.
It’s true some moves aren’t tried a lot.
But when they are tried, do they get the tap? Because probably they’re tried more by people who have more success with it. Same unusual people with crazy long arms.
?
I'm 6'1 with about a 74" wingspan. Front headlock chokes are a solid 1/3 of my game.

In my experience, guillotine and D'arce chokes CAN present themselves in scrambles. Guillotine chokes are much easier to finish because of how simple the set up is. D'arce chokes are tricky. If you have it locked then you can finish it from top, bottom, guard, etc. Whatever you can get atm. The issue I have is finding the sweet spot with the lock. Some circumstances call for shallow D'arces. Others you just can't finish on bottom (depending on positioning and type of guard). Getting a good lock on the choke mid scramble or TD is hard. I usually have to adjust at least once. And every time you adjust you open chances to escape.

With that said, I'm no Tony. That man is worlds ahead of me in the D'arce game.

But yeah you make solid points. The thing I was disputing was the likelihood of setting up Peruvian necktie and anaconda chokes, which requires you to be on top in turtle with a full sprawl.

Last edited:
Tony's BJJ is the game changer here. Khabib is obviously the best grapple in the UFC but he always get almost choked (even if it wasn't that effective ie Poirier)

This reminds me of Cain Vs Fabricio, Fabricios ground game is insane and we knew he could sub Cain when given the slightest chance. Tony is no different, he is a submission artist, and that is the sole tool to beat Khabib

Tony's BJJ is the game changer here. Khabib is obviously the best grapple in the UFC but he always get almost choked (even if it wasn't that effective ie Poirier)

This reminds me of Cain Vs Fabricio, Fabricios ground game is insane and we knew he could sub Cain when given the slightest chance. Tony is no different, he is a submission artist, and that is the sole tool to beat Khabib
always?
<{vega}>

Kron’s MMA guard is pretty sick but yes, once you add strikes, Tony’s guard gets more interesting.

Yeah Krons guard is as good as it gets. The main difference between him and Tony however is that Kron must worry about his opponent trying to stand up while Tony can just unleash hell from bottom with elbows and subs because his opponents doesn't want to let him back up on his feet.

Eh, his stance has been the same for a long time. Even when he is baked he says the same stuff.

I mean a lad who suggests that Khabib is in decline after arguably his best performance of his career, shouldn't exactly be lecturing others about reality..
:D

I guess you can't help delusion.

I think I can have an opinion on anything without your permission.

Wasn't asking for your help either.

It's buttercups like you that think that their opinion is fucking ultimate that are the cancer of every discussion.

You can disagree with me. That's all you can do, in reality.

I think I can have an opinion on anything without your permission.

Wasn't asking for your help either.

It's buttercups like you that think that their opinion is fucking ultimate that are the cancer of every discussion.

You can disagree with me. That's all you can do, in reality.
Dry your eyes..

Back