Media Tony Fergusons BJJ Coach doesnt sound confident. Look into it.

Wow! Really? That's what you saw in Dustin's fight? Because you know what everybody else saw in that fight? Khabib totally dominated Dustin. On the other hand, Tony is loosing first rounds in almost every fight. Tony should be a slight favorite? Give me a break..
Ok I'll give you a break, but only this one time. Don't make it a habit.

Yes, i did watch the fight. You don't have to roll over to finish the choke. If Dustin was so exhausted, why did he even attempt the choke? To make himself more gassed? What you're saying makes no sense.

Last gasp. You know what that means, right? He knew he didn't have enough left to keep going for 2 more rounds, try to get back to his feet, etc. He put everything he had left into that guillotine (which wasn't much) and when it failed, he was basically done. You saw him give his back and get choked shortly thereafter, right?

Because like RDA, it was a half-assed arm-in Guillotine that people made too much of. Not an Anaconda or a Peruvian Necktie like I keep saying. Something Khabib wouldn't be prepared for and can be hit from the sprawl on someone not protecting their neck.
Well, we will nust have to see.. So far he hasn't been submitted in any of his fights judo/sambo/mma. And he's doind it since he could walk. I'm not saying it can't happen. Not at all. Like i always say, people make mistakes.. But if he doesn't make a crucial mistake in the fight with Tony, i don't see Tony submitting him.

Why Edgy is saying takedowns are inevitable? Isn't tony training with a wrestling coach or he's just sticking with his bottom bjj game to beat a guy who has great grappling defense in his camp?

i always thought tony doing his own training was dumb but no wrestling training for khabib is suicide at least.

Last gasp. You know what that means, right? He knew he didn't have enough left to keep going for 2 more rounds, try to get back to his feet, etc. He put everything he had left into that guillotine (which wasn't much) and when it failed, he was basically done. You saw him give his back and get choked shortly thereafter, right?
OK, i gave you a like for your effort

Cliffs:
- Refuses to pick a winner/prediction.
- Insinuates that takedowns are inevitable.
- Tony will be looking for the Brabo choke and elbows, not gonna try getting back to his feet.
- Doesnt know if the Chokes will work against Khabib cause hes really good.

I dont think he sounds confident. According to him 1 Takedown will be enough for Khabib to remain on top for the entire rounds then, since Tony wont try to get back up.

Khabib training partners will probably be going for that Brabo choke for months before the fight not to mention the 4 previous training camps. It will be like Conors left hand. Everyone knew it was his only weapon and it was neutralized.

Tony's game plan is too obvious and predictable for a guy so "chaotic".

You should watch the video without bias.... Eddie is saying that this will be a different fight and tony could catch him in a submission.... I honestly hear the exact opposite of what you hear.

He said "from sprawl". I'll assume you missed that part.
Because like RDA, it was a half-assed arm-in Guillotine that people made too much of. Not an Anaconda or a Peruvian Necktie like I keep saying. Something Khabib wouldn't be prepared for and can be hit from the sprawl on someone not protecting their neck.
I honestly cannot remember the last time anyone could even sprawl out on Khabib. He always has control of the leg to stop front headlock attacks and chain his TDs together.

Sprawling out on Khabib sounds simple but in practice nobody can manage it.

And @KeepItRealist I showed you the stats on the anaconda choke. The chances of him getting into the position and finishing him is not great.

Tony is a stellar fighter so he may pull off some magic but it is unlikely.

I know you kids like your mortal kombats and believe in fairy tales but heres the reality

Tony is a bad man no doubt

However, he is going up against a guy on another level

I just hope you Tony fans don't call him a bum after he is dominated

People were quick to write of Conor and Dustin after they were man handled. However, before the fight they were treated as the messiah

This is Floyd shit all over again

This guy is going to beat him! He loses

"Ah he was no good anyway. But so and so is the man to end the streak for sure"

He loses

"he was overrated, I knew he wouldn't win" lol

Etc, etc

Khabib will dominate, mark my words!
Sounds like when Pettis was champ

Why Edgy is saying takedowns are inevitable? Isn't tony training with a wrestling coach or he's just sticking with his bottom bjj game to beat a guy who has great grappling defense in his camp?

i always thought tony doing his own training was dumb but no wrestling training for khabib is suicide at least.
Fact is, wrestling training is pointless against khabib. If he wasn't already a super high level wrestler, changing his focus entirely isn't going to benefit his chances. He could spend a whole year doing nothing but wrestling with elite level guys, and khabib is still gonna take him down at will. Dude was wrestling bears when he was a kid. Best to stick with what he knows, and approach the fight in his own way.

I agree with Tony's coach , Tony by D'Arce Choke @asdf122345

DemandingTatteredJaguarundi-max-1mb.gif

Eddie gives realistic assessments and he can be very hurtful because he’s too stupid to consider how his words can influence the psychology of his friends.

Then they have weak minds for not being able to compartmentalize effectively. Leave them in the dust.

Cliffs:
- Refuses to pick a winner/prediction.
- Insinuates that takedowns are inevitable.
- Tony will be looking for the Brabo choke and elbows, not gonna try getting back to his feet.
- Doesnt know if the Chokes will work against Khabib cause hes really good.

I dont think he sounds confident. According to him 1 Takedown will be enough for Khabib to remain on top for the entire rounds then, since Tony wont try to get back up.

Khabib training partners will probably be going for that Brabo choke for months before the fight not to mention the 4 previous training camps. It will be like Conors left hand. Everyone knew it was his only weapon and it was neutralized.

Tony's game plan is too obvious and predictable for a guy so "chaotic".

Oddly he sounds realistic and reasonable under no delusion. Starts to make me think if his bullshit is an act for attention.

Like I said, I'm not debating reality.
I mean a lad who suggests that Khabib is in decline after arguably his best performance of his career, shouldn't exactly be lecturing others about reality..
:D

I guess you can't help delusion.

Reading through these comments makes me realize how stupid some of you truly are.

Fact is, wrestling training is pointless against khabib. If he wasn't already a super high level wrestler, changing his focus entirely isn't going to benefit his chances. He could spend a whole year doing nothing but wrestling with elite level guys, and khabib is still gonna take him down at will. Dude was wrestling bears when he was a kid. Best to stick with what he knows, and approach the fight in his own way.
Tony is a high level wrestler and has been doing it his whole life.

Tony is a high level wrestler and has been doing it his whole life.
He was NCWA. Solid, but a far cry from these D1 all Americans and Olympians that plague the UFC. Plus, Tony's style has been to let himself get taken down, so I doubt the TDD is really there anymore, at least not against a wrestler of khabib's level.

Guillotine is a much higher percentage choke than Brabo/Anaconda/Peruvian necktie chokes.

Ive seen locked in guillotines escaped.....i have never seen anyone lick in a Peruvian necktie and fail to get the tap....

Back