Tony Ferguson said he will fight Khabib if the pay is good.

Why Does He Have To Type All Of His Sentences Like This Though? He Capitalizes Each First Letter On Every Word. I'ts Annoying To Even Type Out.

IMO, Tony has leverage to get what he wants. Conor&Dana need Tony to do the dirty work for them and fight (hopefully beat) Khabib. The sooner Khabib is out of the picture, Conor will come back. If Tony refuses to sign the fight, then it's going to put pressure on Conor to make a move. Without a doubt, Dana is going to drag Tony's name through the mud for the next week and threaten him if he doesn't sign, but in the end, they'll have to pay him.

Then why is he taking maternity leave?

To start with it would be paternity leave.
Secondly independent contractors don't take leave, they just don't sign a contract or agree to start work until they decide they want to.

To start with it would be paternity leave.
Secondly independent contractors don't take leave, they just don't sign a contract or agree to start work until they decide they want to.

It went over your head. It is a reference to what Khabib said.

"Conor is pregnant, he needs to give birth, to have a rest until summer. But I cannot wait. I want to fight in spring.”

The issue is simple to understand and thats what makes it problematic.
1. Khabib wants a title shot, is obsessed with it and is willing to take a loss financially to get so.
2. Tony want the fight a well, but to bargain the best possible deal.
We are going to have Khabib press Tony as far as he can to get the fight signed, while Tony stalls to get a fair deal.
It sounds that they could figure this out by having a quick phone conversation and getting into a bargaining agreement with the UFC. This won't happen of course

Give Fergie the same pay he agreed upon to fight Khabib last April at UFC on Fox 19.

El Cucuy's biggest payout yet seems to be $200K, which included TWO $50K bonuses (unless he got a big bump when he fought RDA... I can't find anything disclosed for that fight but I didn't look that hard, either). If he's only getting 50/50 (or a little more by now) I think he's got a legit complaint. Khabib's my favorite fighter, and I don't think he and Tony should have to do Conor's dirty work by fighting each other, but if they're going to... get paid, guys. Conor sure will when he takes on whoever's left standing.

Everybody wants to see him fight khabib or even mcgregor, for once Tony has some leverage, he is right to try and use it. The ufc does it all the time.

It went over your head. It is a reference to what Khabib said.

"Conor is pregnant, he needs to give birth, to have a rest until summer. But I cannot wait. I want to fight in spring.”

Yeah, I was never going to get that specific reference but Khabib shouldn't be having a go at fighters for having breaks for no good reason.
Agree with the other posters though, good on Tony for trying to bargain but in reality the ufc has options and him being LW champ is not anywhere in their wish list. It is a good fight but they should both get real title shots anyway

isn't a needle mover.

Oh well. Khabib vs. Conor it is.

Easy win for Conor either way.

IMO, Tony has leverage to get what he wants. Conor&Dana need Tony to do the dirty work for them and fight (hopefully beat) Khabib. The sooner Khabib is out of the picture, Conor will come back. If Tony refuses to sign the fight, then it's going to put pressure on Conor to make a move. Without a doubt, Dana is going to drag Tony's name through the mud for the next week and threaten him if he doesn't sign, but in the end, they'll have to pay him.

You said it. If these two OVERQUALIFIED #1 contenders (one, 24-0, the other, 9-fight win streak in UFC) are being made to eliminate each other, they should get PAID. Not no $100k BS either. However much they would have made fighting McGregor would be what I would ask for... whether or not I get it, that is my starting point. Because they earned their title fight. You never know if you'll ever get it again!

Ferguson wants to get paid for his abilities. Unfortunately when a promotion is in charge your pay is not based on that, which sucks.

You said it. If these two OVERQUALIFIED #1 contenders (one, 24-0, the other, 9-fight win streak in UFC) are being made to eliminate each other, they should get PAID. Not no $100k BS either. However much they would have made fighting McGregor would be what I would ask for... whether or not I get it, that is my starting point. Because they earned their title fight. You never know if you'll ever get it again!
lol they can ask for whatever they want, what leverage do they have? they should get paid what they bringing in revenue/ppv buys, which is paltry

3 guys at the top of 155 and only Khabib wants to play....

Just give him the belt already....Conor will run for the rest of his career, and Tony needs to be greatly compensated to even take the fight.

The second Tony signs to fight Khabib?

Get ready for the UFC to announce Conor vs Nate 3....

It's absolutely disgusting.

Get what you can boys because they've shown over and over they don't give a fuck about anyone.

Back