• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Tony Ferguson hints upcoming fight news...

#defendorvacate sounds like he's still aiming for Khabib's title. It's the fight to make and everyone wants it.

yup lol. You know Khabib isn't gonna bang for long, but the scary thing about Tony is that guy is so legit off his black. A super dangerous black belt. He can catch Khabib in a lot of different ways but Khabib doesn't really stay low in someones guard. He always working that stacked guard and smashing dudes.
I hear you. Even analysing the fight just seems like a broken record at this point though haha. Ah well, I can always dream.

Crazy to think you can win that many fights in a row and not have a belt

Whatever it is, Tony is whole head above Khabib in the LW GOAT status simply by being such a badass taking all comers and not whining about a low pay here and there.

You seem to forget that when Tony got injured, Khabib took every replacement they had available multiple times within one fight week. When Khabib got injured, Tony refused to fight Michael Johnson.

F724DCF8-9C16-482E-9BBF-E281457007A6.gif

Let's say Conor and khabib get six months. They will count it from what two months ago? So four more months? That's not all that long.

Whatever it is, Tony is whole head above Khabib in the LW GOAT status simply by being such a badass taking all comers and not whining about a low pay here and there.

Don't you remember when Ferg would not sign to fight Khabib because the money wasn't good enough and Khabib offered to pay him what he wanted out of his own purse?

Last edited:
You seem to forget that when Tony got injured, Khabib took every replacement they had available multiple times within one fight week. When Khabib got injured, Tony refused to fight Michael Johnson.

I don't blame Ferg for not taking the MJ replacement fight. Dana offered him MJ on 24 hours notice and to sweeten the deal he cut the purse that Ferg had signed for and took the interim belt off of the table for that fight. Ferg was right to tell Dana to go fuck himself IMO.

Khabib only accepted those fights as long as it was for the belt... Tony’s fight vs Johnson wasn’t going to be for the belt so I don’t blame him kinda like the same thing with TCity and max back at 226 it wasn’tfor the belt

THIS

<{silvanormal}>

Khabib fight anyone.

Why the haters try so hard.

If he isn't bluffing, then it looks like Tony's not fighting Khabib next after all...:eek:

Thoughts?

yh boii. this is the fight of the 21st century. f#ck that david haye v Klitschko shit tenor (4).gif

Khabib only accepted those fights as long as it was for the belt... Tony’s fight vs Johnson wasn’t going to be for the belt so I don’t blame him kinda like the same thing with TCity and max back at 226 it wasn’tfor the belt

Yep.

I like both fighters but I am a Khabib fan first and foremost. I will be rooting for him when he and Ferg finally square off. But I do not believe for one second that Khabib would have accepted the late notice replacement fight at UFC 223 if Dana had cut his purse and took the belt off of the table like he did with Ferg. And I wouldn't blame him for not accepting those conditions either.

Last edited:
THIS

<{silvanormal}>

Khabib fight anyone.

Why the haters try so hard.

Not "this", at least when it comes to the horseshit narrative that Tony wouldn't fight MJ as a replacement.

Tony actually said he absolutely WOULD but the UFC decided to be cheap and wanted him to fight MJ for way less $.

You would have to be brain dead to do what they asked him to do instead of just making weight and taking the show $ for the scheduled title fight.

People need to know what the fuck they are talking about at least a little before they post stupid shit.

Tony is the real lw Champ. If he fights anything other than for the belt, khabib is ducking and we know who the real lw king is.
He signed a contract to fight him 4 fucking times.. Thats not ducking dude. When tony said. No to. Mj as khabib replacement on the 1 of 4 times fight was signed... That was ducking. Khabib fough after tony got taken out by a cable against first pettis, then max, then al... Im. Sure im missing othera that were named.. Point is he fought a replacement w no time to prepare for them w no issues.. Tony ducked mj. Tony deserves a shot 4 sure, but w khabib suspended as of now its not possible atm. The hearing is sometime soon i think so so maybe dana talked to tony knowing what result was gonna be, but more likely its just what people say on thier media.. Just like bands always say.. Tour dates coming soon.. To. Keep fans on the lookout.

Except oops, Tony would have fought MJ on short notice. Didn't even need to be for the belt. Just wanted to get paid the same amount as what he had agreed to fight for that night. The UFC decided to be cheap.

Khabib didn't have that issue as even against unranked Al Iaquinta who had been on the shelf for 2 years, they decided it was still worth making it for the title. So Khabib wasn't asked to take a pay cut.

Oops, sorry you posted that gif for no reason. It is a pretty good movie though, so you have that going for you...

He signed a contract to fight him 4 fucking times.. Thats not ducking dude. When tony said. No to. Mj as khabib replacement on the 1 of 4 times fight was signed... That was ducking. Khabib fough after tony got taken out by a cable against first pettis, then max, then al... Im. Sure im missing othera that were named.. Point is he fought a replacement w no time to prepare for them w no issues.. Tony ducked mj. Tony deserves a shot 4 sure, but w khabib suspended as of now its not possible atm. The hearing is sometime soon i think so so maybe dana talked to tony knowing what result was gonna be, but more likely its just what people say on thier media.. Just like bands always say.. Tour dates coming soon.. To. Keep fans on the lookout.

Wrong. Tony didn't say no to MJ. He said I'm not taking less $ to fight him. Pay me what I agreed to and let's do it.

FFS you guys need to have a clue what you are talking about before you post this shit.

Wrong. Tony didn't say no to MJ. He said I'm not taking less $ to fight him. Pay me what I agreed to and let's do it.

FFS you guys need to have a clue what you are talking about before you post this shit.
I cant imagine tonh wpuld be scared of mj. Never heard they asked him to take less money, fugured it would be the same since the other fighter pulled out. I still dont get where a suspended guy whos off helping people in 3rd world countries that fought 4 times in last 13 months or so is ducking someone he agreed to fight on 4 seperate occasions. Sorry for my mistake on tony vs mj. . Like i said i cant imagine tony wouldnt fight him.

I cant imagine tonh wpuld be scared of mj. Never heard they asked him to take less money, fugured it would be the same since the other fighter pulled out. I still dont get where a suspended guy whos off helping people in 3rd world countries that fought 4 times in last 13 months or so is ducking someone he agreed to fight on 4 seperate occasions. Sorry for my mistake on tony vs mj. . Like i said i cant imagine tony wouldnt fight him.

No worries, I was just wondering why that narrative was getting repeated in here and was like WTF??

Here's exactly what Tony's tweet said in response to MJ saying that Tony turned down the fight:

"Respect For Your Willingness To Step In. @Ufc Told Me It Wasn't For The Title And It Was For Less Pay. Willing To Fight You For Right Price"

So Tony actually gave props to MJ for being willing to do it on a few days notice, but (and it was confirmed by other sources later) the UFC really did try to screw Tony over. Not being for the title was one thing, but asking a guy to take a short notice replacement but for less $? That's pretty weak. And since Tony just needed to make weight to get his show $ for the Khabib fight anyway, he made the easiest choice ever. Take that $, get prepped and be able to fight again very soon after.

Back