Tony Ferguson could not have gotten worse news .. Who is he fighting next?

I don't understand why this is still a train of thought. Nate at 170 is a significantly worse and less consistent fighter. I think it's more likely that Nate is just a shit match up for Conor due to his durability and cardio.
The last time he fought at 170 pounds was 7 years ago when he weighed 175 pounds.

Something tells me that fighters can evolve over 7 years.

Only thing that makes sense is Dustin or the winner of Connor/Khabib. Out of everyone I feel like Tony is the real #1

The last time he fought at 170 pounds was 7 years ago when he weighed 175 pounds.

Something tells me that fighters can evolve over 7 years.
Fighters, sure. A Diaz brother, no. Back in 2011, Nate dropped back from 170 to 155 and looked like a world beater for a few fights. He had never looked better and hasn't looked as good since.

Fighters, sure. A Diaz brother, no. Back in 2011, Nate dropped back from 170 to 155 and looked like a world beater for a few fights. He had never looked better and hasn't looked as good since.
If that's the case, I think you need to start training some martial arts personally so you're actually capable of acknowledging skillsets, potential and progress more effectively.

If that's the case, I think you need to start training some martial arts personally so you're actually capable of acknowledging skillsets, potential and progress more effectively.
I have trained before, but this is Sherdog where everyone is a black belt in everything, so it's irrelevant. It's not so much that Diaz brothers are incapable on a physical level. It seems it's a mental thing with them. I think we both know that you understood what I was getting at, though.

I have trained before, but this is Sherdog where everyone is a black belt in everything, so it's irrelevant. It's not so much that Diaz brothers are incapable on a physical level. It seems it's a mental thing with them. I think we both know that you understood what I was getting at, though.
I know exactly what you were getting at :)

It's just far from accurate.

Nate has come a long way, particularly in the last 4 years. His boxing has improved leaps and bounds. Something guys like Amir Khan and andre ward amongst others can attest to. He's been on the mats and training with Kron ( Son of Rickson Gracie) for the last 4 years.. In his best aspects, Nate Is better than he's ever been and It's night and day relative to back then.

Back then his strength disadvantage against other opponents was a big factor as well. Him being predominantly vegan during his weight cut definitely played a factor In that. These days he incorporates more eggs , fish and other building foods Into his dietary repertoire. Strength Is nowhere near the factor that It was previously, also worth noting many of his losses and fights where he was controlled on the ground was In a pre usada era.

There's a lot of things to consider, It just seems like you and others probably don't see the bigger picture.

Back