Tony Cecchine and his students

Cecchine never competed due to long term serious illness / condition. I can't remember the specifics, but he had something as a teenager, and something also serious (but might not be related) happen within the last 10 years.

Having said that we should bear in mind that MMA has been regulated for 9 years so nothing was preventing him from competing anyway other then his own decision based on, I guess, medical advice given to him. Then there's sub grappling which as far as I know has no medical testing or requirements whatsoever.

Hold up hold up.....

First off, throw lineage, and competition records in the trash right now. Bottom line it comes down to does the guy teach/show stuff that is viable, usefull, and effective. I can say that his L.A.O.H increased my grappling game 10fold, and guys like Paulson and Barnett have gave Tony a thumbs up. Does everything he teachs work for everybody...NO ,but that goes for anybody coaching. Some guys are better at some things. Take what you find usueful and use it.

Now as far as Tony, he trained with Stanley Radwan, and Lou Thesz who are both certified bad ass's. He directly and indirectly trained lots of people.

View the material and see for yourself(s). If it dosnt work for you, then it dosnt work for you.If it does, then thats great!
I've heard nothing but good things about LAOH. I'm gonna have to break down and get this soon to add to my CACC library.

I've heard nothing but good things about LAOH. I'm gonna have to break down and get this soon to add to my CACC library.

It's definatley one of my best and favorite instructional series (and I have a ton of em). Because I wrestled and take CACC I really enjoy it and think the instruction is top notch for my style. However...

There is a big "gay" factor because Tony is shirtless all the time...
There is a big "Yeeouch!" factor because Tony completely abuses his training partner Bruce.
There is a big "50's gangster" factor because Tony rocks the pompador hairstyle like he is going to shakedown a buisness for protection money.

Great set of vids.

Replying to a 5 year old post means I should go back to bed.

Considering the Double Wrist Lock (kimura) is a main staple of catch, I can see competant catch guys competing in no gi bjj, staying on top, passing to side control and locking it on. Then there's also the real keylock, and top wrist lock (americana).

a handful of guys placed in more of 15 years?

WOW, WHAT A JOKE!

Tony Cecchine's version of the Kimura found on the LAOH series is hands down the best, most simple explanation I have ever seen from the bottom- it has details Shaolin has showed me and details that no one has ever shown me- and I want to take it a step further- someone please tell me where I can see their best version of the Kimura from guard being taught- because I need to know if his is really the best- it's just so damn simple and smart.

cecchine and matt furey have challenges to their credibility simply because they do not compete. doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about or can't fight. think your local high school wrestling coach is no good cause none of his students are in the ufc or elite competition? it's ridiculous.

Thank you!

Some people don't understand that a lot of good coaches are not or have not been great / good fighter ...and a lot of good / great fighters will never be great / good coaches ....... How many times have you seen Greg Jackson / Shawn Tomkins etc etc compete and be successful fighting?

Back