News toney comeback cancelled

Getting past the potential disaster of this bout, I find the situation surrounding the cancellation very weird.

It was to take place in Mexico and suddenly this “Blue Moon” production cancels and immediately announces a Legends of Boxing foundation? The ABC has jurisdiction in Mexico?

Holyfield shouldn't have been in with Vitor, he should have been in with Tyson or someone else as old and as shot. Or, someone who was never great. Like how Chavez Sr vs Camacho Jr did it. Even Jr was trying to protect and celebrate JCC that night. That was beautiful. Tyson/Jones was acceptable too. But the JCC should be the standard sought to achieve if they are gonna do this shit at all.

James Toney was majestic in his pomp, I have no desire to see James do anything except possibly advertise burger joints since the Couture 'fight'. But no messing, one of the best mw I've ever seen fight. Brilliant to be fair.

Most say that 168 was his best weight.
I think he was phenomenal at cruiserweight.

He really was but he took a lot of damage and wasnt really well conditioned which added to the damage. Lets just hope he wont ever fight. His brain is done. He fried that a long time ago.

Reactions: JSN
Most say that 168 was his best weight.
I think he was phenomenal at cruiserweight.
His win over Jirov was his best win in his career.

At the time, Jirov was the best body puncher in the game. Toney out body punched him.

Crazy strategy that worked.

Toney vs Roy Jones at HW. Make it happen

Thank Christ for that. Toney is severely damaged already, no good reason for him lacing them up again.
He went *most of his career without getting knocked down.

-With a reputation as a gym warrior

-Even though he had great defense he still got hit a lot, particularly later in his career.

By the time a fighter has a reputation for having a great chin, they have likely already been hit in the head too much.

Nothing is free in this world..had he been KOed in some of those fight and taken 100 less punches it would probably serve him better in terms of brain function. Toney was slurring his words BADLY when he did his UFC fight. He pretty much needed closed captioning or you could barely understand him.

Fuck any sanctioning body that would approve him to fight again.

*Thanks @Absolut

Last edited:
He went, if I recall correctly, his whole career even going up to HW, without getting knocked down (if I am wrong it was at least most of it)

-With a reputation as a gym warrior

-Even though he had great defense he still got hit a lot, particularly later in his career

Nothing is free in this world..had he been KOed in some of those fight and taken 100 less punches it would probably serve him better in terms of brain function. Toney was slurring his words BADLY when he did his UFC fight. He pretty much needed closed captioning or you could barely understand him.

Fuck any sanctioning body that would approve him to fight again.

Toney went down against Jones and Johnson

More of a grazing off balance shot in the jones fight. But ruled a knockdown
Legendary fight

toney got caught clowning. Always makes me laugh.

Johnson kd was more legit. Plus he spanked Toney.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back