News toney comeback cancelled

Who's licensing him? James Toney went on ESPN's Outside the Lines like 15 years ago and admitted his hormone levels were fucked due to head trauma. They had his doctor on saying his hormone levels were like a 70 year old because of damage to his pituitary gland. That was 15 years ago, and James had a lot of fights even after that.

Now he's in his mid 50s, you can't understand a word he says when he talks... what commission is going to license him to fight? They should be thrown in jail.

Who's licensing him? James Toney went on ESPN's Outside the Lines like 15 years ago and admitted his hormone levels were fucked due to head trauma. They had his doctor on saying his hormone levels were like a 70 year old because of damage to his pituitary gland. That was 15 years ago, and James had a lot of fights even after that.

Now he's in his mid 50s, you can't understand a word he says when he talks... what commission is going to license him to fight? They should be thrown in jail.

Little secret, James Toney may have obvious brain damage but his hormones were messed up due to his likely uneducated use of PEDs. This is common in several fighters and IMO responsible for the decline of some great fighters as well (coming off of PEDs incorrectly and ruining their hormones)

He really was but he took a lot of damage and wasnt really well conditioned which added to the damage. Lets just hope he wont ever fight. His brain is done. He fried that a long time ago.
Even back when he fought Couture what fifteen years ago, he sounded like he had the most CTE of anyone I’ve ever heard.

Little secret, James Toney may have obvious brain damage but his hormones were messed up due to his likely uneducated use of PEDs. This is common in several fighters and IMO responsible for the decline of some great fighters as well (coming off of PEDs incorrectly and ruining their hormones)

A doctor can usually determine the cause.

Hormones like testosterone are produced in the testes, but regulated in the brain. I’m just making an armchair analysis, but if there’s no atrophy in the testes (as is common in drug abuse), it’s probably easier for a doctor to assume it’s brain related.

A doctor can usually determine the cause.

Hormones like testosterone are produced in the testes, but regulated in the brain. I’m just making an armchair analysis, but if there’s no atrophy in the testes (as is common in drug abuse), it’s probably easier for a doctor to assume it’s brain related.

I don't disagree, but I've ran into several people who have hung around Toney and the insist that the guy is as hard headed as they come.

That combined with multiple drug tests fails/ nandrolone use.. I think it is a safe assumption that he didn't do proper research took a bunch of steroids and messed up his own natural production.

Don't disagree though, and think it is likely a combination of the two.

You turn into a high level boxer by taking drugs. Thanks, dummy.
He's not wrong though, steroids make a massive difference in combat sports. Toney can be appreciated for his skills, he's one of my favorite boxers to watch, has a very slick style, but he was a drugs cheat.

That's not really a secret. But the link with brain trauma and damage to the pineal gland and messed up hormones is pretty strong as well.

Back