Toney ..237 - Couture -- 220

See this is the first video that pops up every time i type in Boxer vs grappler.

Martney (who by the way isn't listed on boxrec and gets outside of this video doesn't get mentioned... maybe Kid would know more... but those days are sadly gone) and Larson used to travel around Europe and the US doing this exhibition. I mean... it's clearly choreographed.

Just watched the weight in.... He's fat as shit!, I stand corrected. Was he really 217 in his last bout??? He was against Evander in 03 I think

James Toney Looks Good Stopping Matthew Greer, Says He'd Be Even Lighter If He Got A Klitschko Fight

...having weighed-in at a poundage slightly above 217, the former middleweight, super-middleweight and cruiserweight ruler made many people believe he is once again deadly serious about his goal of becoming heavyweight champion.

You can use boxrec to hunt down his weights as well: he was 217 against Holyfield and since then has gone up to generally be around or just over 230lbs for all his fights. Without doing research I can't be definitive but I believe 237 is the highest he's ever weighed in.

Martney (who by the way isn't listed on boxrec and gets outside of this video doesn't get mentioned... maybe Kid would know more... but those days are sadly gone) and Larson used to travel around Europe and the US doing this exhibition. I mean... it's clearly choreographed.

I thought so,cause it just doesn't look right and the fact they did it many time make me questing it more. Make me think the match between Sullivan and his trainer was the same type thing. I mean how hard would Sullivan go at his own trainer.

James Toney Looks Good Stopping Matthew Greer, Says He'd Be Even Lighter If He Got A Klitschko Fight

You can use boxrec to hunt down his weights as well: he was 217 against Holyfield and since then has gone up to generally be around or just over 230lbs for all his fights. Without doing research I can't be definitive but I believe 237 is the highest he's ever weighed in.

I check Boxrec and they have him in at 257 for the first Sam Peters fights and had came in over 240 three or four times.

the biggest thing I notice is toney weighted 188 for jirov and 6 months later 218 for holyfield. I mean dam 30lb in six months. He must have been jucing around this time.

Toney shows no respect for the UFC, for Dana White who allowed him this payday, for the fans, for boxing or its fans (who he claims he is representing) or even for himself to come in at a fat 237.
He conned everyone and is taking the money and running. Don't be surprised that if he doesn't knock out Couture with the first punch that he taps out the as soon as Randy touches him.

I hope Couture chokes him and makes him squeal as the pig that he is.

Toney shows no respect for the UFC, for Dana White who allowed him this payday, for the fans, for boxing or its fans (who he claims he is representing) or even for himself to come in at a fat 237.
He conned everyone and is taking the money and running. Don't be surprised that if he doesn't knock out Couture with the first punch that he taps out the as soon as Randy touches him.

Meh.

I check Boxrec and they have him in at 257 for the first Sam Peters fights and had came in over 240 three or four times.

Peter was the one who weighed 257, Toney would have to have done no training whatsoever and pigged out on Krispy Creme donuts and Big Mac's non stop to come in at 257 pounds.

Peter was the one who weighed 257, Toney would have to have done no training whatsoever and pigged out on Krispy Creme donuts and Big Mac's non stop to come in at 257 pounds.

Shit, your right I got all the number mixed up.

In a real MMA fight Toney would be able to stomp,soccer kick or knee Randy after knocking him down. But UFC's rules favor the wrestlers and protects them from that kind of thing.

yea cuz Rampage and Henderson totally didn't do well with Pride rules :icon_lol:

who cares exactly how much he weighed at his worst.. he looks like shit...

if he beats Couture, I will be completely shocked... If I were an odds maker, I would have the fight at about 10-1 for couture if Toney was in great shape.. just because Toney's boxing style is generally based on in fighting and if he in fights with Couture, he'll get taken down.. now, based on his level of fitness, I would say that his chances are even worse... 20-1 perhaps.. very slim..

wlyrmr.jpg

good prediction sir.

My guess was right. 237.
Don't know why Shertards thought he would be under 215.

He was only 218 in his last fight which was pretty low profile, I was quite surprised to see him come in so fat.

Back