Today's my last day of work

JaviBrewski

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So its my last day at work. I got accepted to the Corrections Academy at the end of October and put my two weeks notice in. Could have slacked off or used my floating holidays but I opted to just work through the two weeks.

Normally have to come into work in my company shirt and khakis. Decided to say fuck it and came in in Jeans and a sweater. 10 hours of OT at time and a half coming my way. Hells Yea Buddy!

Just thought I'd share

good luck.

I'm kind of amazed it took until 2016 for someone to claim "CryptKeeper" as a handle.

good luck.

I'm kind of amazed it took until 2016 for someone to claim "CryptKeeper" as a handle.
thanks. i start the academy monday so no time off except this weekend. bit excited and nervous tbh

Nice. I wish i was at a spot where i was somewhat comfortable with a career, I'm still finishing up on school.

Nice man, congrats. That next paycheck is going to be sexy AF. Enjoy this weekend to the fullest and best of luck on Monday.

that's cool man. how long is the training or what is it called?
academy is 4 months long. monday -friay. 7-3 one week, 4-11 following to get us used to working alternating shift schedules.

Nice man, congrats. That next paycheck is going to be sexy AF. Enjoy this weekend to the fullest and best of luck on Monday.

yep. especially since i found out that the city will pay me my veteran benefits for Cost of living where im at on top of my base salary.

yep. especially since i found out that the city will pay me my veteran benefits for Cost of living where im at on top of my base salary.

That's great, congrats again man.

Enjoy this weekend and have yourself a good time.

tumblr_mcxk7v6QQU1rf1llzo1_400.gif

So its my last day at work. I got accepted to the Corrections Academy at the end of October and put my two weeks notice in. Could have slacked off or used my floating holidays but I opted to just work through the two weeks.

Normally have to come into work in my company shirt and khakis. Decided to say fuck it and came in in Jeans and a sweater. 10 hours of OT at time and a half coming my way. Hells Yea Buddy!

Just thought I'd share
Congrats, that's how to finish it out. Good on ya

Congrats on the new gig TS!

So when you graduate do you know what facility you will be working at?

What is a correctional academy?
they dont just throw you into prison/jail and expect you to know what to do y'know. got to do training, learn policy and procedures. so academy to be a corrections officer

My buddy became a CO a couple of years ago. He's in amazing shape and like a whole new man now. Good luck TS!

I sought out a lot of unique/interesting experiences during my medical training.
ahh nice. yea im sure im heading to rikers. they dont send us noobs to any place other than rikers. i guess a few might get manhattan detencion center our brooklyn detention center.

Back