To those who are optimistic about Trump being president - tell why

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This isn't for Trump haters.

I want to hear from those who are optimistic about Trump being president.

I am not looking to hear...he is better than Crooked Clinton. I want to know what you like about him.

What do you think he will do while in office?
What positive changes do you hope he brings?

Do you have a measuring stick in your mind that will determine if he does a good or bad job? What is it?

If he takes down double taxation, hopefully companies will invest in domestic markets instead of foreign markets. It's tough to know because of trade treaties where the USA has been screwed domestically because foreign markets won't trade with us because we built their infrastructure.

Because he has already gone to the center since taking office.

Gay Marriage is settled law he said. He has met with Al fuckin gore and said that man probably does have somethign to do with CC. He wants maternity leave for all women. He wants to keep part of Obamacare.

He met with tech leaders to talk about bringing back money from overseas. He met with leaders in the black community and then had them met with bill gates and others. He has multiple companies thinking of opening jobs here in the states. He already got investments for Japan. He is putting military people in charge of military areas (people that will tell him you cant nuke a country because they offended you on twitter, for those dumbasses that were worried about him doing that). He already has Canada and Mexico agreeing to redo or at least talk or redoing the trade deals. He may strike a trade deal with England.

Plus for some reason he doesn't seem to be in a rush to have ww3 with russia. My lib friends are all now pissed that russia might have exposed Hillary for the shitty corrupt candidate she was and so they want us to "do something" to Russia? I keep asking them like what? They said they dont know but "something". I even had one guy said we should take down one of their airplanes. For them supposedly showing Hillary trying to fix the election and screw over Bernie??

Then I keep hearing that minorities and women wiull have a hard time under him?? WTF law are people expecting to him pass that will hurt minorities and women?

Because he's the enemy of my enemy. He's the enemy of special interests. He's the enemy of sociopathic politicians. He's the enemy of the establishment. And most importantly, he's the enemy of Globalists.

Last edited:
I know it looks unlikely, but I believe marijuana will be federally legalized under the Trump Administration.

The guy is not a shitty lawyer like Clintons or Obama, for starters.
He was under heavy pressure to succeed his whole life, which shaped him.Yes, he hustled, but he came out on top.
He has big ego and hates failing. That's a good thing.
Doesn't back down. A plus.
Many sound policies that make a lot of sense- from infrastructure, to border, to anti-war sentiment, to reducing regulations(although I'd keep an eye on WallStreet hacks)

And like some already mentioned- he's the enemy of my enemy.

-putting americans first over virtue signalling
-principled stances in the face of criticism, will not be swayed by pressure from the media
-did not accept money during the primaries and took far less than any other candidate or recent president. is not beholden to corporate donors

-pro-nationalism
-anti-globalism
-anti-political correctness
-more isolationism
-wants to leave divisive social issues up to the states
-protectionist trade policy
-wants EU to pay their fair share of defense
-return to traditional american values
-repeal obamacare
-wants to have our best negotiatora like carl icahn negotiate our deals instead of politicians
-make our country more business friendly
-stop immigration from muslim terrorist hotbeds
-stop letting china game the system
-lower taxes with fewer corporate loopholes

i can keep going, but that was a rapid fire. my most imoprtant ones were bold/underlined

I know it looks unlikely, but I believe marijuana will be federally legalized under the Trump Administration.

If he did that I would applaud him.

Floating Sessions as a possible cabinet pick for AG suggests otherwise. That dude looks at marijuana legalization in Colorado and vomits.

Cutting corporate tax and income tax is top of the list. Immigration also.

And you understate the value of consolidation (aka "He's not Hillary"), in that the dems would have started chipping away at the first and second amendments the way the left has been going lately. Hillary was a dangerous candidate, not as much because of who she was as who she represented. So now I can be optimistic about the prospects of those rights for at least the next 4 years

Well, I was vehemently anti-Trump, but I can still find things to get excited about:
  • Drawing a line in the sand with regard to race politics that stigmatizes white men. The Democratic party and its media mouthpieces were openly and gleefully sneering about the impending fall of the white man throughout the election, and what "deplorables" we are. An end to the notion that opposing open borders makes you a racist (or even anti-immigration). The end to this racist, pseudo-communist, pseudo-anarchist, pseudo-Islamic threat that seeks to undermine American confidence in our police (and the law in general) along racial and religious lines. #BLM is the modern hybridized rebirth of the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam rolled into one. I've seen what this cancerous anti-Western mentality does to people in the Middle East. No thanks. As a matter of good civic policy, I distrust the cops, but I simultaneously believe in their necessity, and that they are overall a stabilizing force for good.
  • The end of our cankerous relationship with Saudi Arabia. There are already reports that they're reconsidering deeper investment into the USA which includes establishing their new national bank. Hell yes to that. Turn off the faucet.
  • The prospect of revitalizing this country's infrastructure, and creating a temporary surge in higher-paying manual labor jobs perhaps akin to what FDR did with the CCC in California back during the Depression.
  • A bit more focus on the American working middle class. I don't believe in the long-term health of his protectionist trade policies, but at the very least, it sounds like he'll devote more of the muscle of American federal spending towards trying to nurture an advantage over the market wherever it is possible.
  • The end of far-left social policies that even I do not support (and I consider myself a hybrid between a social liberal and a social libertarian). This is perhaps the lone silver lining signaled by his appointment of Jeff Sessions because most of the leftist social policies that have been shoved down our throats have come via the DoJ (not to mention corporate bullying from companies like Disney surrounding legislation in state courts). Sorry. I support gay marriage, but that doesn't mean I don't believe it-- and especially transgenderism-- isn't a mental disorder.
  • I'm very concerned about his Supreme Court pick, but I was going to be equally concerned about Hillary. At least this could put an end to the liberalism that has seen admissions discrimination gain legal protection in our universities. I was hoping they'd shove the moderate Obama nominated through. I liked the compromise out of the gate, but both sides were spoiling for a fight. *Sigh*
  • That he might shrink central government. This would seem to be signaled by his appointment of a man to lead the Energy Department who doesn't believe in the Energy Department.
  • A reduction in business taxes (such as the corporate rate and capital gains) would be awfully nice, but only if he can close some of the loopholes he's been personally exploiting. Hoping he taps Romney to devise such a tax plan.
  • The rest of NATO member countries living up to their fucking end of the bargain.
  • A genuine willingness from our White House to stand up to the Chinese over IP violation and corporate espionage.
  • A more fiercely pro-Israel White House that is willing to look the other way, but perhaps demands more in return for all we give.
  • A major overhaul or outright repeal of the ACA.
  • Generally speaking: a reduction of the welfare state.

Well, I was vehemently anti-Trump, but I can still find things to get excited about:
  • Drawing a line in the sand with regard to race politics that stigmatizes white men. The Democratic party and its media mouthpieces were openly and gleefully sneering about the impending fall of the white man throughout the election, and what "deplorables" we are. An end to the notion that opposing open borders makes you a racist (or even anti-immigration). The end to this racist, pseudo-communist, pseudo-anarchist, pseudo-Islamic threat that seeks to undermine American confidence in our police (and the law in general) along racial and religious lines. #BLM is the modern hybridized rebirth of the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam rolled into one. I've seen what this cancerous anti-Western mentality does to people in the Middle East. No thanks. As a matter of good civic policy, I distrust the cops, but I simultaneously believe in their necessity, and that they are overall a stabilizing force for good.
  • The end of our cankerous relationship with Saudi Arabia. There are already reports that they're reconsidering deeper investment into the USA which includes establishing their new national bank. Hell yes to that. Turn off the faucet.
  • The prospect of revitalizing this country's infrastructure, and creating a temporary surge in higher-paying manual labor jobs perhaps akin to what FDR did with the CCC in California back during the Depression.
  • A bit more focus on the American working middle class. I don't believe in the long-term health of his protectionist trade policies, but at the very least, it sounds like he'll devote more of the muscle of American federal spending towards trying to nurture an advantage over the market wherever it is possible.
  • The end of far-left social policies that even I do not support (and I consider myself a hybrid between a social liberal and a social libertarian). This is perhaps the lone silver lining signaled by his appointment of Jeff Sessions because most of the leftist social policies that have been shoved down our throats have come via the DoJ (not to mention corporate bullying from companies like Disney surrounding legislation in state courts). Sorry. I support gay marriage, but that doesn't mean I don't believe it-- and especially transgenderism-- isn't a mental disorder.
  • I'm very concerned about his Supreme Court pick, but I was going to be equally concerned about Hillary. At least this could put an end to the liberalism that has seen admissions discrimination gain legal protection in our universities. I was hoping they'd shove the moderate Obama nominated through. I liked the compromise out of the gate, but both sides were spoiling for a fight. *Sigh*
  • That he might shrink central government. This would seem to be signaled by his appointment of a man to lead the Energy Department who doesn't believe in the Energy Department.
  • A reduction in business taxes (such as the corporate rate and capital gains) would be awfully nice, but only if he can close some of the loopholes he's been personally exploiting. Hoping he taps Romney to devise such a tax plan.
  • The rest of NATO member countries living up to their fucking end of the bargain.
  • A genuine willingness from our White House to stand up to the Chinese over IP violation and corporate espionage.
  • A more fiercely pro-Israel White House that is willing to look the other way, but perhaps demands more in return for all we give.

What's your concern over his SCOTUS picks by chance?

Jeff Sessions, and right wing supreme Court pick off top.

Look forward to wall or fence and deportation.

If he cuts regulations that's a plus.

A push back against political correctness and SJWs

A lot of this is conservative clap trap. Some is reasonable.

But the Bold:

giphy.gif

Not referring to transgenderism. I've seen cases where you could justify a mental disorder diagnosis and I've seen many more cases where it was just transgenderism.

I'm talking about gay being classified as a mental disorder. You really fucking believe that?

I'm not optimistic, I'm confident he will be a great President.

Main reasons being he resists the PC police, he wants to put his own country first instead of fellating every foreigner he sees like Obama.

I think career politicians have ruined just about every Western society and I think it's time for a change.

As a Canadian, I recognize that a strong US is good for my country too and a weak, pussified US like what the left wants to turn the country into will hurt us as well.

All the loonies freaking out and betraying all their supposed beliefs and becoming increasingly fascist in their behaviour while also crying victimhood is just icing on the cake.

This isn't for Trump haters.

I want to hear from those who are optimistic about Trump being president.

I am not looking to hear...he is better than Crooked Clinton. I want to know what you like about him.

What do you think he will do while in office?
What positive changes do you hope he brings?

Do you have a measuring stick in your mind that will determine if he does a good or bad job? What is it?

I hope he destroys everything liberals have built over the years like destroying a Lego playset.

Thats all.

I'm not that optimistic. I think he'll end up being pretty average. Good for some, bad for others. Its the same with either party.

I do like that he breaks the mold somewhat. He may end up being business as usual but I think he will get people thinking outside the box if he's even moderately successful.

I'm not that optimistic. I think he'll end up being pretty average. Good for some, bad for others. Its the same with either party.

I do like that he breaks the mold somewhat. He may end up being business as usual but I think he will get people thinking outside the box if he's even moderately successful.

Trump doesn't do average. Either he will destroy the country or make it great again. I was always a gambling man.

Because he has already gone to the center since taking office.

Gay Marriage is settled law he said. He has met with Al fuckin gore and said that man probably does have somethign to do with CC. He wants maternity leave for all women. He wants to keep part of Obamacare.

He met with tech leaders to talk about bringing back money from overseas. He met with leaders in the black community and then had them met with bill gates and others. He has multiple companies thinking of opening jobs here in the states. He already got investments for Japan. He is putting military people in charge of military areas (people that will tell him you cant nuke a country because they offended you on twitter, for those dumbasses that were worried about him doing that). He already has Canada and Mexico agreeing to redo or at least talk or redoing the trade deals. He may strike a trade deal with England.

Plus for some reason he doesn't seem to be in a rush to have ww3 with russia. My lib friends are all now pissed that russia might have exposed Hillary for the shitty corrupt candidate she was and so they want us to "do something" to Russia? I keep asking them like what? They said they dont know but "something". I even had one guy said we should take down one of their airplanes. For them supposedly showing Hillary trying to fix the election and screw over Bernie??

Then I keep hearing that minorities and women wiull have a hard time under him?? WTF law are people expecting to him pass that will hurt minorities and women?

It's not the law that worries them, it's his followers who are to stupid and will actually follow through with hurting minorities and women.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back