To our non-American friends - California, Texas or New York?

California - State with best geography, such a cool place. The worst people in the US however.

haha, what? how so? if anything, the peeps in nyc usually get that reputation. in general, new yorkers are assholes.

Lol @ 94 F

It's been above 94 F every single day since early June here in Houston. And above 100 F for the past three weeks straight. Shit's unbearable. And I grew up here.

So how do you deal with it?
When I hear about the climate in some subtropical cities, I'm sometimes amazed society doesn't just flip day and night around and start living like vampires - going to work et cetera when it's dark and sleeping the daylight hours away in some cool cellar somewhere.

Lol @ 94 F

It's been above 94 F every single day since early June here in Houston. And above 100 F for the past three weeks straight. Shit's unbearable. And I grew up here.

It was 112 yesterday. Don't think we've been below 100 since may.

So how do you deal with it?
When I hear about the climate in some subtropical cities, I'm sometimes amazed society doesn't just flip day and night around and start living like vampires - going to work et cetera when it's dark and sleeping the daylight hours away in some cool cellar somewhere.

It's amazing how quickly you can acclimatise.
Then again, I'm always stepping in puddles of Euro backpacker during the summer...

Texas for me... I hate people so seems like there is more personal space there.

That and I have always found the southern gals on TV hot.

It was 112 yesterday. Don't think we've been below 100 since may.

We usually have hot dry summers here but instead are having 90+ and 80%+ humidity. I'd kill to have our average 106f and 0-10% back any day.

Back