To Mcgregor doubters: should he beat Khabib...

hugovela

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
...will it change your opinion of him as a fighter? I am always been sceptic..but if he does beat him, I would probably become a fan of the guy

Last edited:
No they will just change the narrative and say Khabib is overrated or some shit like that.

He should have everyone's respect. Why anyone would doubt his creds is pathetic.

Aldo
Max
Dustin
Chad
Eddie
Nate

All on his resume. He is obviously a great fighter.

Fluke
Too aggressive
Too young
2 week camp
Shit gameplan
Robbery
Fixed fight

What do you think?

Nope. Because it isn't about Conor. It's about their own personal insecurities.

He should have everyone's respect. Why anyone would doubt his creds is pathetic.

Aldo
Max
Dustin
Chad
Eddie
Nate

All on his resume. He is obviously a great fighter.

Nate Diaz fight, mayweather fight, he does not defend titles, cherry pick fights...not to say those are not great wins, but not comparable with more solid resumés at a fighter level, Jones, Silva, GSP...guys that fought the who is who, you cannot say that about Mcgregor...and I know he brings money, that is not the topic

McG's place in MMA is already secured. Anyone that denies how good the guy is at this point is truly just a hater. If he beats Khabib (and he won't) it's just further evidence confirming how freakin' good he is.

This is all a moot point cuz you know Khabib's gonna blow out his ACL while he's AKAing it up in a couple weeks.

If you’re not already onboard then it has nothing to do with his accomplishments.

Nate Diaz fight, mayweather fight, he does not defend titles, cherry pick fights...not to say those are not great wins, but not comparable with more solid resumés at a fighter level, Jones, Silva, GSP...guys that fought the who is who, you cannot say that about Mcgregor...and I know he brings money, that is not the topic

Cherry picks fights... Can you make a more retarded accusation?

He challenged for the LW strap twice. Twice people said he would get murked (RDJ and Eddie were looking fine back then), and he wasn't the one pulling out of fights, accepted short notice opponents and never pulled out of a fight. Silva went up a weight class to fight slow oponents tailor-made for him on Xanax. Jones never did. Fuck. Jones fought CHAEL SONNEN and refused to do so on short notice.

Get a grip.

I’m about as big a Conor hater as there is but if he beats Khabib there’s not much to say. Would’ve liked to seen him run it back against Aldo but I can understand him saying, “fuck that weight cut.”

I’ll never be a fan but if he beats Khabib there’s not really anything anyone can say to dispute his in cage success.

If Conor beats Khabib he is unquestionably one of the all time greats.

I like the way conor fights, but his fans are fuckin retarded. And if he wins his fans will be even more retarded

Lmao who are all these people that don't think he's good that all you weirdos keep spamming threads about. for every one person that might say they think he's overrated, there's 100 of you making a counter thread. relax.

...will it change your opinion of him as a fighter? I am always been sceptic..but if he does beat him, I would probably become a fan of the guy

For me yes because I am highly sceptical.

I was never a hater/fan but his weaknesses : ground game, td defense and most important cardio will be big obstacles for him in this and if he would have fought multiple times at 155 he imo would have some more losses right now.

Right now I see McGregor more than a step behind Khabib and Ferguson,the kings of 155.

I finally gave in and became a believer when he beat the lightweight champ guy as easily as he did. For some reason, his name escapes me and I don't feel like googling it.

My opinion of him has changed with every fight.

This one will be no different, especially if he wins.

It wouldn't change my opinion of the fighter. I respect his skills quite a bit. I just think he's an obnoxious, spoiled cunt as a person. He could beat every fighter from 145-170 and he'd still be a useless pile of a person if he keeps acting like a shitbag.

Of course. I am consistent, unlike the legions of Conor fans who say that Khabib is an overrated POS with the worst striking at LW... but if he beat him would say he would be the GOAT if not for Conor and is the greatest win of all time.

I said Conor would smash Siver, didn't call Mendes because short camp, said he'd beat Aldo, didn't call Nate because short camp, thought he'd get finished by Diaz 2nd time around, said he'd smash Alvarez. Pretty decent track record, only time being wrong was the 2nd Diaz fight. Wasn't retarded so I knew Floyd would win. Still think he would have lost had he faced Edgar back in the 145 days. Think Khabib will crush him.

Difference is Conor fans say "head clean off" ad nauseum based on thinly veiled homoeroticism and NOTHING else yet they blame anyone not on the Conor wagon of changing the goal posts. They said Mayfeather is brittle hands, old, and undersized, then say he is the GOAT. They said Diaz is a one-dimensional gatekeeper waiting to get floored then he is three times the size and elite. They said Aldo is past it then the FW GOAT when he's a resume point. Now they are saying Khabib sucks.

Projection is a bitch.

Back