To Mcgregor doubters: should he beat Khabib...

The thing is, for me, a quick flash KO is hard to judge a fighter on. If Conor stuffs multiple TD's and still loses, it'd impress me just as much.

The doubters will say Khabib was overrated, never beat anyone worthy, or too drained at 155. Then they'll say McGregor isn't legit until he beats Tony or Lee, and has to beat Poirier and Nate at the same time in the cage.

Cherry picks fights... Can you make a more retarded accusation?

He challenged for the LW strap twice. Twice people said he would get murked (RDJ and Eddie were looking fine back then), and he wasn't the one pulling out of fights, accepted short notice opponents and never pulled out of a fight. Silva went up a weight class to fight slow oponents tailor-made for him on Xanax. Jones never did. Fuck. Jones fought CHAEL SONNEN and refused to do so on short notice.

Get a grip.

Both Nate Diaz’s fights, and was given a free title at 155

No. Conor has ducked Khabib for years so he can train against Khabib's style. Conor deserves all the hate he gets.

Conor is a great fighter and at this point, his greatest enemy is his gas tank. If he doesn't improve this, i just don't see him surviving this fight. Nate diaz's workrate is not even close to khabib's. I fear for conor's life unless he improves this part of his game.

Unless he wins the strap and goes on a defend run like a real champion then absolutely no.

Nate Diaz fight, mayweather fight, he does not defend titles, cherry pick fights...not to say those are not great wins, but not comparable with more solid resumés at a fighter level, Jones, Silva, GSP...guys that fought the who is who, you cannot say that about Mcgregor...and I know he brings money, that is not the topic

Cherry pick? That indicates he is out for an easy fight.. He just took on the toughest matchup in the sport right now. And he has done it before. As a matter of fact over and over he has done it.

154_Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz.0.0.jpg

Nah I've said all this before he fought Aldo and even Eddie

I still favour Conor over the rest of the division, I have him beating Tony and Dustin quite easily

The style of this fight kills him and that's that

...will it change your opinion of him as a fighter? I am always been sceptic..but if he does beat him, I would probably become a fan of the guy
MccGregor has been a great fighter. His legacy is tarnished because he won't defend a belt. Aldo was mentally beat before they got in the ring. He dethroned a great champion. I was never on the Edie bandwagon but no doubt he was a top lightweight . He needs to beat Khabib then Tony and he can start to think about being in the GOAT discussion. The greats defend their belts and Conor has yet to do that. Khabib is a very interesting match up for him. If he doesn't catch him by early 2nd round, I think he is in big trouble. Khabib graps and hold on and there doesn't seem to be a defense for him getting you down. If Conor can keep it standing, major kudos and lights out khabib.IF.

It would depend on how he beat him. If it was similar to the Aldo outcome I would still have my doubts but if Conor defended or reserved some of the grappling exchanges and proceeded to pick him apart on the feet I think it would prove he's clearly the second best in the division after non-staph Lee.

Not at all. The guy is a good striker, he is just a douche bag and his fans are super annoying. I think odds should favor Khabib but it is a fight and anything can happen. It's not like Conor is helpless, I just think more often than not, if Khabib can deal with a few shots then he takes Conor's gas tank. If Conor manages to clip him with a good shot then he does.
There is a clear difference between doubters and haters. People don't dislike Conor for his fighting. Those who dislike him now will probably continue to dislike him no matter the outcome.

Depends...

If khabib comes out with no game plan n gets ko at the beginning of the fight, probably not

However he Conor is able to defend khabib td or survive on the ground n gets up n finishes khabib, he’s legit

Still won’t the the fan of his inactivity n refusal to defend

Conor is gassed out in the second round as we have seen so many times. Khabib looked more fit in the 5th round against Raging Al, than Conor looked in both fights against Nate Diaz in the second round, ffs. So unless Conor knocks Khabib out in the first round with a lucky shot, he is fooked.

But to answer your question. No, it won't change my opinion about Conor. He will still stay the clown he always was.

Nate Diaz fight, mayweather fight, he does not defend titles, cherry pick fights...not to say those are not great wins, but not comparable with more solid resumés at a fighter level, Jones, Silva, GSP...guys that fought the who is who, you cannot say that about Mcgregor...and I know he brings money, that is not the topic
FFS, Diaz 1 was a late replacement fight for RDA and FM was for a 100 million paycheck.
Be honest, would you turn down a hundred mill to fight in the UFC?

This is just a prelude to all these idiots starting in with Conor GOAT threads.

Back