To Catch a Predator Caught!

And that defense works for you?

'I was molested as a kid so go easy on me now I do it as an adult'

Oh look a pedo sympathiser!

They know its fucking wrong but they still do it, cos they can't contain their hornyness level.

GTFO
Not at fucking all what I said. I'm only saying it's more complicated than people being irredeemable monsters from the beginning. I never said don't punish them, I said it's a bad idea to turn it in to a TV show for entertainment. There's just something unhealthy about fetishising shame and punishment like that for the viewer more than anyone else, it conditions us in a weird way. Just look at that Live 911 show, we're watching people's worst moments for fun because they're "criminals" and deserve it. It's a weird slippery slope.

I'm not a fucking pedo sympathizer at all. I 100% agree with these sting operations and have no problem with that aspect. It's the entertainment factor that I have the issue with.

Because a guy ended up killing himself shortly after being on the show and his family sued. It's pretty twisted to take such broken people and broadcast them on national television for people's entertainment. We have a legal system for a reason and we should leave it at that. I enjoyed the show too as a kid but it's incredibly fucked up in hindsight.

Such broken people should be executed on live television. No point involving courts and wasting money on those incapable of being rehabilitated.

Not at fucking all what I said. I'm only saying it's more complicated than people being irredeemable monsters from the beginning. I never said don't punish them, I said it's a bad idea to turn it in to a TV show for entertainment. There's just something unhealthy about fetishising shame and punishment like that for the viewer more than anyone else, it conditions us in a weird way. Just look at that Live 911 show, we're watching people's worst moments for fun because they're "criminals" and deserve it. It's a weird slippery slope.

I'm not a fucking pedo sympathizer at all. I 100% agree with these sting operations and have no problem with that aspect. It's the entertainment factor that I have the issue with.
Or just maybe, people should consider the consequences of their actions before they do something they know is illegal and/or immoral. If everyone that committed a crime was publicly shamed, there would be less crime.

This is why famous People shouldn't have Catch phrases. RZA is always on twitter With his "Wu-Tang is for the children" shit.
In hindsight that would look bad if any of their members gets caught in som paedophilia shit

Or just maybe, people should consider the consequences of their actions before they do something they know is illegal and/or immoral. If everyone that committed a crime was publicly shamed, there would be less crime.
If you lived in a black and white world and were omnipotent, sure. A pedophile isn't going to stop being sick in the mind because of some shame and neither is an addict going to stop needing a fix. We're going to eventually start shaming innocent people in that model or drifting further in to the moral grey area. Like I find your avatar way more morally wrong than a person with couple grams of weed on them, yet we now have a TV show where we shame the latter as they're being arrested followed by commercials where sex sells.

If you lived in a black and white world and were omnipotent, sure. A pedophile isn't going to stop being sick in the mind because of some shame and neither is an addict going to stop needing a fix. We're going to eventually start shaming innocent people in that model or drifting further in to the moral grey area. Like I find your avatar way more morally wrong than a person with couple grams of weed on them, yet we now have a TV show where we shame the latter as they're being arrested followed by commercials where sex sells.
LOL No offense, but your reply is comical. I won't offer a rebuttal because frankly, you've showed your hand and I know where this will lead.

LOL No offense, but your reply is comical. I won't offer a rebuttal because frankly, you've showed your hand and I know where this will lead.
I got it, we have two different world views and philosophies. It's not surprising or unnatural for you to feel how you do. I'm not going to act like a passive aggressive bitch, but I'm ok with agreeing to disagree on this.

Back