To all the soy lovers.

Chad Hamilton

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I will have the dry-aged strip cooked to a cool, rare temperature.

Weston A. Price Foundation to FDA: Soy is No Health Food

The Weston A. Price Foundation, a nonprofit nutrition education foundation, has submitted a petition to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) asking them to change a rule that currently allows soy protein to carry a heart disease health claim.
Manufacturers of soy products have been able to label them "heart healthy" since 1999. The Weston A. Price Foundation's 65-page petition was filed in response to the FDA's request for public comment on the issue.
"We have filed this petition because there was never a sound basis for a soy health claim and the heavy marketing of soy as a 'miracle food' has put American men, women and children at risk," said Kaayla Daniel, lead author of the petition that was officially filed by Sally Fallon, president of the foundation.
The petition documents longstanding concern in the scientific community -- including the FDA's own Laboratory for Toxicological Research -- regarding soy's possible role in:
Carcinogenesis
Thyroid disease
Reproductive health problems including infertility
Other illnesses
Further, the Foundation claims that the evidence on soy protein and heart disease is "contradictory and inconsistent, and no standard of scientific agreement has been met."

Sources: Weston A. Price Foundation Soy Petition (PDF)
Physorg.com February 19, 2008

I stand on both sides of this fence. On the one hand, the toxicology profile of soy occurs, as usual with foods, at some ridiculously high consumption. Such that no one is really "put at risk".

On the other hand, I do think it's a bit misleading to quote soy as being some kind of panacea, ignoring the potential deleterious effects, even if they are very unlikely to ever occur.

Bullshit corporate surplus marketing tactics + greasy palmed government types + uninformed public = some kind of fucking mess that'll get exposed and maybe cleaned up later.

right.
even if I don't think soy has some magical health benefits, I think you be better of if you know some about the source.

wapf is known to recommend high meat and dairy diets.
and they often talk shit about vegans and vegetarians
Myths and Truths About Vegetarianism

btw, the author of that article died of a stroke at age 40, oh the irony.

I stand on both sides of this fence. On the one hand, the toxicology profile of soy occurs, as usual with foods, at some ridiculously high consumption. Such that no one is really "put at risk".

I think there's also to be said about the source of the soy, or processing, as well as quantities of consumption, as well as bio-avalibility/protein synthesis issues.

right.
even if I don't think soy has some magical health benefits, I think you be better of if you know some about the source.

wapf is known to recommend high meat and dairy diets.
and they often talk shit about vegans and vegetarians
Myths and Truths About Vegetarianism

btw, the author of that article died of a stroke at age 40, oh the irony.

He also had AIDS. That couldn't of had anything to do with a stroke right? It must have been because he wasn't a vegan.

'Tis ironic about the author dying of stroke.

I'm looking for a comparison on raw soy vs it's fermented versions.

I think there's also to be said about the source of the soy, or processing, as well as quantities of consumption, as well as bio-avalibility/protein synthesis issues.

Yes, the raw material source is extremely important. Much like that of designer drugs.

He also had AIDS. That couldn't of had anything to do with a stroke right? It must have been because he wasn't a vegan.

I didn't know that, but it all ads up ;-)

And to TS, sorry but don't know any articles on raw soy vs fermented soy. But if I would come across information about it I be sure to post it.

That's true. Especially here, where the highly refined crap like textured soy, soy concentrate, and soy lecithin. Most of that coming from poor crops and general storehouse surplus. Couple that with how people are starting to equate eating those with general soy consumption and you've got people who think they're eating healthy but are doing damage to themselves.

As concerns raw vs fermented soy, this is all I've seen stated on the subject:

TESTOSTERONE NATION | World's Largest Bodybuilding and Weight Loss Underground Nation

However, even Dr Daniel has been very clear to note that a soy food intake similar to that of Asian cultures is healthy and doesn

Even after Sherdog God "John Berardi"'s article the anti-soy crowd is here and in full effect. Jesus.

check out rice protein powder... good stuff. as a vegan, i try to avoid too much soy protein. but TS, don't knock what you haven't tried.

I didn't know that

Of course you didn't. The person you heard it from was a vegan propaganda spreader. Why would he tell you he was terminally dying from AIDs when he could tell you that meat and dairy caused him to have a stroke?

but it all ads up ;-)

I'd like for you to explain to me in detail how meat and dairy cause someone to have a stroke. Feel free to use scientific references.

check out rice protein powder... good stuff. as a vegan, i try to avoid too much soy protein. but TS, don't knock what you haven't tried.

The knock on rice protein powder is that it's not a complete protein.

What are Sally Fallon's credentials as a nutritionist?

Of course you didn't. The person you heard it from was a vegan propaganda spreader. Why would he tell you he was terminally dying from AIDs when he could tell you that meat and dairy caused him to have a stroke?

I'd like for you to explain to me in detail how meat and dairy cause someone to have a stroke. Feel free to use scientific references.

Actually I read about it here Dr. Stephen Byrnes dies suddenly. : LC Research/Media Forum : Active Low-Carber Forums

I don't think i need any referances to tell you that most of the bad cholesterol (read all the bad cholesterol) that humans put in our bodys comes from meat and dairy. And if you don't know that bad cholesterol is a big factor in heart diseases like stroke then you should read up about it instead of asking me to explain.

Actually I read about it here Dr. Stephen Byrnes dies suddenly. : LC Research/Media Forum : Active Low-Carber Forums

I don't think i need any referances to tell you that most of the bad cholesterol (read all the bad cholesterol) that humans put in our bodys comes from meat and dairy. And if you don't know that bad cholesterol is a big factor in heart diseases like stroke then you should read up about it instead of asking me to explain.

Apparently you missed this info on that forum, perhaps only taking out of it what you wanted to hear.
"In his last ezine posting, he revealed that he had been diagnosed with AIDS and outlined the treatment he was going to use. Undoubtedly the disease contributed to the stroke. "

So egg yolks, suet, and cream contribute to bad cholesterol levels? Why is a lot of new information coming out now saying otherwise? Still stuck on the Lipid Hypothesis? Animal fat raises HDL - the 'good' cholesterol. But who's to say that cholesterol even means anything as nothing has been proven to show that a high LDL even means anything.

didn't read that far down.

yeah you can take your thincs idea's and live by them. but it's not like they are highly regarded by others then wish thinkers.

Fermented soy is good, unfermented soy is bad.

Basically soy is used as filler in many products because it is cheap, but I try to avoid it. It is like farmers feeding byproducts and sawdust to chickens.

Also GMO foods are horrible and soy is genetically modified a lot of times.

Fermented soy is good, unfermented soy is bad.

Basically soy is used as filler in many products because it is cheap, but I try to avoid it. It is like farmers feeding byproducts and sawdust to chickens.

Also GMO foods are horrible and soy is genetically modified a lot of times.
That's why you buy the stuff that is non-gmo. It's not very hard to find. For Christ sakes, Kroger sells it.

Weston A. Price Foundation is an anti-vegetarian organization. They put out some ridiculous hit piece on vegetarianism awhile back. I wouldn't trust them for advice about soy.

Back