TNA is back!

RichardPriors

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

It's like the birthday sweater you never asked for but still ended up with.

So who's excited?

<Rodgers1>

But seriously, you have to give credit to TNA/Impact for sticking around all these years and for a while they were the #2 company in the states.

So what are some of your favorite TNA matches, promo's, storylines?

2009 TNA was excellent, legit thought the company was finally hitting it's stride and just becoming a great wrestling company. Then January 2010 came with Hogan and Bischoff showing up and completely derailing all of that progress.

I might do a semi-deep dive into the TNA DVD's I have lying around here and the stuff they have up on Youtube but off the top, some of the stuff I remember liking a lot:

The matches between Daniels, Styles and Joe.
Kurt Angle coming in strong and especially the run with Joe.
Christian Cage and Rhino jumping ship from WWE and making an impact.
The tag division and AMW being probably the best team in the States at one point.
The X-division recapturing the cruiserweight lightening in a bottle.
Them succeeding in pulling off a couple of good hardcore matches.

Just found out XPW is also back, since the Dark Side of the Ring episode it would seem but it's still news to me.

Seems like a strange move. If it gets them more eyeballs great but I'm not sure that it will.
I would assume the audience they had left from the TNA days are already with them and that this name change isn't going to get anyone off the bench and back watching. But nostalgia (even fairly recent nostalgia) is a powerful thing.

Interesting TNA Wrestling And Endeavor Streaming Partner up For New TNA+ App. That makes a connection with WWE as Endeavor is WWE's owner.

NEW YORK, NY – DECEMBER 8, 2023 – TNA Wrestling (formerly IMPACT Wrestling)—a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment and a division of Anthem Sports Group—has partnered with Endeavor Streaming to deliver its global, on-demand streaming service, TNA+, to its passionate fans, launching Friday, January 5.

As part of a multi-year deal, Endeavor Streaming will power the new TNA+ app to deliver an enhanced user experience to all fans across the top streaming platforms, as well as mobile and connected devices.

TNA President Scott D’Amore spoke about the incredible opportunity for the company to team with Endeavor Streaming for their new app. “This is truly an incredible opportunity for us as we forge into an exciting new chapter of the TNA legacy,” Scott D’Amore said. “We are proud to partner with Endeavor Streaming on this initiative, and we look forward to continuing to provide our fans with the absolute best in new, classic and exclusive professional wrestling content, available to them anywhere, anytime, on their favorite devices, when TNA+ launches on January 5.”

TNA Wrestling And Endeavor Stream

*"TNA needs to bring back the 6-sided ring says" Booker T.

*FITE App is now TrillerTV App, why, I do not know Fite was somewhat respected but Triller is famous for not paying fighters and companies.

Last edited:
I mean I loved TNA as a kid. Even more than WWE's shit product during 2006-2010. But this is really just going to be the same guys from Impact Wrestling under new branding and colors, no?

The guys we grew up watching: Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Abyss, Christopher Daniels, Robert Roode, Jeff Jarrett, etc. - all either retired or work for another company. We're not even getting the six-sides back.

I mean I loved TNA as a kid. Even more than WWE's shit product during 2006-2010. But this is really just going to be the same guys from Impact Wrestling under new branding and colors, no?

The guys we grew up watching: Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Abyss, Christopher Daniels, Robert Roode, Jeff Jarrett, etc. - all either retired or work for another company. We're not even getting the six-sides back.

You'll get Frankie Kazarian and Eric Young and like it!

Back