TKD + Muay Thai + Boxing = Perfect Combination

Yeah because the Thais don't start training in MT from like age 6 and they aren't any good at MT anyway :rolleyes:

Not saying TKD/Karate aren't useful but there is no reason you can't start MT early. I've seen plenty of kids at MT fights going at it, I'm not keen on head shots as far as developing kids are concerned but there is no reason they can't be learning good technique and throwing to the body. Same with boxing.

Boxing and MT are easily good enough as a base. TKD is supplemental and not necessary at all. Jose Aldo to me is the best striker in MMA at the minute. And MT has spinning kicks and jumping kicks, christ they even have a handstand kick!

A simple and good reason for kids not to start MT, by the time the are in there 20's most Thai fighters that started as kids are heading to retirement. To much abuse to the growing body. The training is probably fine, but the fighting is were the problem start to develop from

like alot of mma fighters. this is their formula

tkd+muay thai+boxing-tkd when they realize it sucks=better combination.

A simple and good reason for kids not to start MT, by the time the are in there 20's most Thai fighters that started as kids are heading to retirement. To much abuse to the growing body. The training is probably fine, but the fighting is were the problem start to develop from

This is exactly what I meant. Muay Thai sparring is very tough on the bones of a growing child. Boxing from a very young age can also lead to future brain damage if sparring is done often.

Last edited:
Yeah, totally bro!

166hb9j.jpg

xpnic3.jpg

anderson-silva_forrest-griffin_62412.gif

1z54qja.gif

2zhdxdz.jpg

What a scrub! He couldn't beat Andy Wang in a kickboxing match LOL

SICK HEAD MOVEMENT! WHAT A MUAY THAI MASTER!!!! Damn he even scored some kicks on damien maia...i thought that guy was untouchable!

thats over doin striking, unless you wanna be k-1 more than mma this will be fine, but if u wanna be u should do some grappling. like muay thai, tkd, and school wrestling.

Yall should check out Perry Ubeda. He has a lot of wild TKD kicks in his arsenal. I wouldn't say his boxing is the greatest though.

with a good trainer that will make sure you use all the angles you have programed properly this is a solid style mix. Normally I call TNT ( tae and thai) a solid mix. so long as you don't allow the boxing to take to mcuh time from the other two arts which require more time and effort you'll do great.

thats over doin striking, unless you wanna be k-1 more than mma this will be fine, but if u wanna be u should do some grappling. like muay thai, tkd, and school wrestling.

Over doing striking? That's pretty silly considering the majority of MMA fighters have less than stellar striking to begin with.

The more weapons you have, the more dangerous you will be.

SICK HEAD MOVEMENT! WHAT A MUAY THAI MASTER!!!! Damn he even scored some kicks on damien maia...i thought that guy was untouchable!

You're just being ridiculous.

I am by no means an Anderson Silva nuthugger, but the guys skills are undeniable. In an MMA context, his striking is top notch; i'm sure he'd do pretty well in pure MT/ kickboxing too, if he dedicated himself purely to that. His technique is very good; he has good power, great form in his punches/ kicks/ knees elbows, good footwork & head movement, great timing, great counters. Clinch master.

But what're you gonna do, haters gonna hate I guess.

Yeah of course it's the fighting! They have hundreds and hundreds of fights by the time they hit mid 20's. No one is suggesting that! Why would you? In Thailand they fight to pay the bills, no one in their right mind would put their kids through that over here. That is NOT a reason not to start training MT as a kid though. You don't have to have loads of fights to get something out of training.

Back