TJ vs Moraes ; Cruz vs Assunção ; Lineker vs Garbrandt . How do you see these fights going ?

I’m not sure about all this Moraes talk, I mean I love the guy but....
-Assuncao beat him already
-Is higher ranked
-Has more consecutive wins in the UFC that Moraes has in the UFC total.

I do agree that Moraes is way more interesting, but let’s be real, Assuncao deserves this.

Since TJ might of took Cody's soul and he already damaged his chin a fight between Lineker and Cody is probably a matchup in favour for Lineker since he has just as much power but his chin is absurdly better.Cody will have to beat him as a mixed martial artist incorporating td's kicks etc his box only gameplan will get him knocked out in the first.TJ beats Moraes imo by dec or late 5th round finish. Assuncao beats everybody besides TJ and a rematch vs Marlon so I pick him over Cruz in a close split dec win.

Which of these fights do you think is really gonna happen? How do you see these fights going?

Does anyone else think Moraes is gonna knock TJ out?
Best-Moment-UFN-131-Rivera-vs-Moraes.gif

Lineker has better chin and more power. I got Lineker by KO over glass chin Garbrandt.
Lineker-KO.gif

Assunção is more active than Cruz lately, so I see him outpointing Cruz.

Thoughts?
I love all 3 of those fights! Marlon TKOs TJ in the 3rd but not without taking a beating himself. Cruz dances around Assuncao to a DEC but it wont be easy. Cody vs Lineker is fuckin fireworks. I love both guys and i can see Cody getting the TKO early in the 1st but if he cant finish Lineker off after he tags him, hes in for a long night. Lineker hits to hard and comes forward to often for cody to survive more than a round. ranking the 6 guys in order id say its Marlon, TJ, Lineker, Cody G, Cruz. and RA.

Good matchups. Hopefully those are the next ones.

I think Dillashaw by tko, Moraes has nice kicks, but his punches are not anything special. His fight vs Dodson showed us that, Assuncao even done it too.

Moraes beats TJ
Assuncao decisions Cruz
Garbrandt out with broken hand. If they fight I'd favor Cody with size and speed.

TJ vs Moraes
TJ's left high kick is his bread and butter, but Moraes has demonstrated competence in his own kicks in his last two fights. I don't think TJ has ever faced another kicker before, so this would be interesting. As long as TJ doesn't run into any of Moraes's stikes, I do think he consistently gets the better of every exchange. TJ enters at an angle, lands a combination, and backs out over and over until a TKO in the late rounds.

Cody vs Lineker
I do think Cody can stay calm enough and recognize that brawling is Linekers specialty. I think Cody can outbox, or outwork him, and shoot for TDs when needed. Lineker has never been KO'd iirc, so I say Cody by decision.

Cruz vs Assuncao
As much as I advocate this being the perfect fight for both of them ranking wise, I imagine this being incredibly dull, and boring. Cruz pitter patter decisions Assuncao to a UD.
Barao was a kicker. Besides that I think you had an excellent breakdown and picks. TJ is far too good at stepping past the kickers range into the pocket.

T.J. over Moraes.

No matter what Cruz/Assunção is a guaranteed split decision one way or the other.

Garbrandt beats Lineker unless Lineker shows up in rare form. Not that he's not capable of it and Cody has been finished twice in a row but I still like Cody's chances in this fight.

Actually really excited about all the potential matchups here. Let's hope Cruz is actually healthy.

Back