TJ vs Moraes ; Cruz vs Assunção ; Lineker vs Garbrandt . How do you see these fights going ?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Which of these fights do you think is really gonna happen? How do you see these fights going?

Does anyone else think Moraes is gonna knock TJ out?
Best-Moment-UFN-131-Rivera-vs-Moraes.gif

Lineker has better chin and more power. I got Lineker by KO over glass chin Garbrandt.
Lineker-KO.gif

Assunção is more active than Cruz lately, so I see him outpointing Cruz.

Thoughts?

I believe Lineker beats Cody, bad matchup for him.

TJ vs Moraes ia great fight. Leaning towards TJ, I suspect he'd wheel out his wrestling, but Marlon is very dangerous. I hope that fight is next.

All great fights that should happen next.

The guys under 5’10 will win

PLEASE GIVE US CODY LINEKER !!
Kind of unrelated but I also want to see Mendes vs Stephen's at fw

I will take TJ by dec

Lineker by KO (this is a power/chin vs power/chin fight and i'll take Lineker power/chin over Cody)

Assuncao by dec here.....I dont think we'll see the same Cruz when he's back

TJ via clean decision, Lineker by KO, and the third I can't say, leaning towards Cruz, but it will be an ugly fight for sure.

Garbrandt is too fast and technical for brawler Lineker
Cruz would probably outpoint Assuncao
Dillashaw beats Moraes

TJ vs Moraes
TJ's left high kick is his bread and butter, but Moraes has demonstrated competence in his own kicks in his last two fights. I don't think TJ has ever faced another kicker before, so this would be interesting. As long as TJ doesn't run into any of Moraes's stikes, I do think he consistently gets the better of every exchange. TJ enters at an angle, lands a combination, and backs out over and over until a TKO in the late rounds.

Cody vs Lineker
I do think Cody can stay calm enough and recognize that brawling is Linekers specialty. I think Cody can outbox, or outwork him, and shoot for TDs when needed. Lineker has never been KO'd iirc, so I say Cody by decision.

Cruz vs Assuncao
As much as I advocate this being the perfect fight for both of them ranking wise, I imagine this being incredibly dull, and boring. Cruz pitter patter decisions Assuncao to a UD.

Assunção is more active than Cruz lately, so I see him outpointing Cruz.

Thoughts?
I always feel the need to point out Assuncao's discipline in holding back that last hammerfist.

TJ
Cruz
and Lineker because Cody's chin has been cracked.

TJ vs Moraes... I think TJ
Cruz vs. Assuncao.. Cruz, easily
Lineker vs Garbrandt.. I'll go with Lineker by ko

I'm a huge Lineker fan but why is everybody counting out cody? he still has the fastest hands at bw... This fight should've been made instead of the tj rematch, hopefully the ufc books it.

TJ vs Moraes
TJ's left high kick is his bread and butter, but Moraes has demonstrated competence in his own kicks in his last two fights. I don't think TJ has ever faced another kicker before, so this would be interesting. As long as TJ doesn't run into any of Moraes's stikes, I do think he consistently gets the better of every exchange. TJ enters at an angle, lands a combination, and backs out over and over until a TKO in the late rounds.

Cody vs Lineker
I do think Cody can stay calm enough and recognize that brawling is Linekers specialty. I think Cody can outbox, or outwork him, and shoot for TDs when needed. Lineker has never been KO'd iirc, so I say Cody by decision.

Cruz vs Assuncao
As much as I advocate this being the perfect fight for both of them ranking wise, I imagine this being incredibly dull, and boring. Cruz pitter patter decisions Assuncao to a UD.

Agreed with the three results
TJ/Cody/Cruz are the top dogs while healthy. I'm a big fan of Marlon since he KOd Tyson Nam buy TJ is styllisticaly the worst matchmaking of the three top guys

Cody vs Lineker would force Cody to evolve if he doesn't wanna be knocked out again

I'm all for it

But I read yesterday that Cody broke his hand in the TJ fight and will be out for around 6 months

Cody vs Lineker would force Cody to evolve if he doesn't wanna be knocked out again

I'm all for it

But I read yesterday that Cody broke his hand in the TJ fight and will be out for around 6 months
His ego got broken too.

Just throwing this in there aswell. If these fights are made, I'd say

[TJ/Moraes winner vs Ass/Cruz winner]

vs

[Lineker/Garbrandt winner vs Rivera/Dodson winner]

Cejudo kinda throws a monkey wrench in this progression if he beats DJ in a trilogy. He'd fight the finalist of the top match-ups.

Moraes is kinda a beast, I definitely think he’s a danger for Tj

Back