TJ thinks Conor wins

Conor by TKO in early rounds :cool:

Not a nuthugger but it is what it is

Too fast and accurate and dude is built like a freak

It would be glorious if he gets ragdolled

Rooting for Khabib but Conor takes it

<Moves>

I feel khabib's pressure and aggression are his best attributes and it's not what you wanna do against Conor

Of course I see the path to victory for both fighters, but this fight is very close, almost toss up status.

That would mean the smart money is on Conor, being that he's the underdog

who ever wins it will be by domination

I dont see it being a close fight

conor either knocks him out coming in or khabib takes him down and pounds him while talking shit

I think conor has a better chance of winning - khabib was not very good vs al iquinta

Not very good vs Iaquinta? Two 50-43 rounds scored would very much disagree with that sentiment.

Not very good vs Iaquinta? Two 50-43 rounds scored would very much disagree with that sentiment.

Conor would have knocked Al out in 1 round. Come on man. Khabib showed a lot of holes his game on the feet, as Rogan pointed out, and he was not exactly in there with Eddie or Tony. Lucky for him..

We
Conor would have knocked Al out in 1 round. Come on man. Khabib showed a lot of holes his game on the feet, as Rogan pointed out, and he was not exactly in there with Eddie or Tony. Lucky for him..

Well guess what Conor wasn't fighting Al so we'll never know likely. Getting a 10-7 round means you were dominating. And again Iaquenta's face told a different story as well as Al himself after the fight.

We

Well guess what Conor wasn't fighting Al so we'll never know likely. Getting a 10-7 round means you were dominating. And again Iaquenta's face told a different story as well as Al himself after the fight.

Well I will just say this. I picked Tony going into that fight very confidently. After the fight was over I was near 100% certain had Tony made it to the fight he was going to win. A lot of holes in the Russians game waiting to be exposed. And they will be exposed by a truly elite fighter.

There's a lot of ways to pressure an opponent without getting in the pocket and swinging away. He could use a lot of feints, both striking and td, to keep Conor guessing, swinging on the counters, and moving backwards. Just the fear of the takedown should open up his game to where Conor might not want to commit fully on his shots either, making this a safer proposition. Picking the right time to duck under and push Conor against the cage will drain Conor after a few rounds. If Conor gasses in this fight, he's going to get subbed again.

If this fight goes past midway of the 2nd round, Conor is getting subbed or tko’d via ground and pound.

That said, as much as I don’t think Conor is “All that” I do believe that when his gas tank is still full, he’s relatively intelligent. I don’t see him falling for feints, either striking or takedown. Part of this confidence comes from his belief in his own reflexes, his ability to shrug a clinch or single.

I think he’s learned quite a bit these last three years where he can make this fight truly a pick em’.

Simply put, I wouldn’t want to put down money on this fight at all. It’s too damn close. Intellectually, I pick Khabib, but my gut says Conor.

Jesus christ some of yalls bias against mcgregor is crazy and to put khabib in this god like tier is ridiculous. Iaqinta showed quite a few holes in khabibs game such as very little head movement while striking/defending, never taking head off center line besides takedown attempts, and shooting for takedowns from 5 feet away multiple times with little set up. These are all things that conor can easily exploit if properly prepared for but if khabib is able to maul him effectively in early rounds he wins for sure.

Don't worry. Khabib will be far from a "God' after Conor beats him. He'll be a slow and one-dimensional fighter who having a win against will mean very little for Conor's "non-existent" resume.

If this fight goes past midway of the 2nd round, Conor is getting subbed or tko’d via ground and pound.

That said, as much as I don’t think Conor is “All that” I do believe that when his gas tank is still full, he’s relatively intelligent. I don’t see him falling for feints, either striking or takedown. Part of this confidence comes from his belief in his own reflexes, his ability to shrug a clinch or single.

I think he’s learned quite a bit these last three years where he can make this fight truly a pick em’.

Simply put, I wouldn’t want to put down money on this fight at all. It’s too damn close. Intellectually, I pick Khabib, but my gut says Conor.
Each has an incredible strength that is exactly the other's weakness. It could easily go either way but I think Conor by KO/TKO is only the third or fourth most likely outcome. I think it goes: 1 Khabib ITD, 2 Conor DEC, 3 Khabib DEC, 4 Conor ITD. It might be counter-intuitive but I think a decision is Conor's best chance. He has to tool Khabib for 3 rounds and survive for the last 2 but if he gasses or makes a big mistake, he's going to be in a bad spot with Khabib on top of him.

Khabib is too slow. Too sloppy.

TJ's breakdown of this fight is the most accurate one I've seen yet.

Each has an incredible strength that is exactly the other's weakness. It could easily go either way but I think Conor by KO/TKO is only the third or fourth most likely outcome. I think it goes: 1 Khabib ITD, 2 Conor DEC, 3 Khabib DEC, 4 Conor ITD. It might be counter-intuitive but I think a decision is Conor's best chance. He has to tool Khabib for 3 rounds and survive for the last 2 but if he gasses or makes a big mistake, he's going to be in a bad spot with Khabib on top of him.

Conor has an easier time conserving energy against Nate who literally walks around in the ring and doesn’t move with urgency. Khabib rushes you, which leaves him both vulnerable but also stops Conor from potentially taking a break while regaining his breath.

I’m putting $50 down on Conor to win agains my buddy who thinks Khabib will roll him easily. Nobody gives Conor much of a chance which is ridiculous to me.

He is fighting a guy who breezed through Poirer, Aldo and Alvarez like they were nothing. People think that basic striking is going to set up a takedown against Conor. big fucking lol

Conor has an easier time conserving energy against Nate who literally walks around in the ring and doesn’t move with urgency. Khabib rushes you, which leaves him both vulnerable but also stops Conor from potentially taking a break while regaining his breath.

I’m putting $50 down on Conor to win agains my buddy who thinks Khabib will roll him easily. Nobody gives Conor much of a chance which is ridiculous to me.
I think as long as Conor is an underdog, he's probably worth a chance

Conor is a round 2 type koer , he isn't koing al in the first unless he stands and bangs or runs in

TJ is not wrong. Khabib needs to just run to Conor and hug the shit out of him.

It he starts taking to long on his feet he will be slept. He gets hit a whole lot on his fights before he takes people down.

Back