TJ Grant

bryank

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Did he retire? Does he have a fight scheduled?

I can't remember seeing anything about this guy for months and months. It's almost as sad as Cruz's tough luck, this guy had become a beast and deserved a title shot.

Still suffering from his concussion last I heard. Shit is tough, but I think ever fighting again would be putting his health in serious risk.

Threads about him pop up here week to week. Concussion issues. At this point it looks like he doesn't want to risk his health.

Tj grant? The man hasn't fought since JFK was in the office.

What does TJ stands for anyway?

Man, what a small and dedicated fan base this guy has. I myself am a HUGE fan of TJ but I think we can probably assume he's done. But a year and a half and still a thread about him every couple weeks...colour me surprised.

I am calling it now...by the summer or winter of this year, he's gonna announce that he's moving full time to coaching and not returning to the octagon. Wish there could be more fights in his move to lightweight to go back and watch! Unfortunately all we're left with is 5. :(

Man, what a small and dedicated fan base this guy has. I myself am a HUGE fan of TJ but I think we can probably assume he's done. But a year and a half and still a thread about him every couple weeks...colour me surprised.

I am calling it now...by the summer or winter of this year, he's gonna announce that he's moving full time to coaching and not returning to the octagon. Wish there could be more fights in his move to lightweight to go back and watch! Unfortunately all we're left with is 5. :(

Yeah that's really what I was wondering, has he mad anything official yet, but seems not.

I think its one of the worst injury derailments the sport has seen (Dom Cruz being #1). Guy just coming into his prime who should have been in a title eliminator AT LEAST, to have his career stopped from a concussion in training? Depressing stuff, wish the best for him in coaching or whatever he chooses to do.

Every time I see a TJ Grant thread I let out a big sigh.

Highly doubt we see him back. Sucks.

Did he only have one concussion?

Pretty sure it was only one concussion. I used to train at the same gym, he got kicked in the head accidentally during jiu jitsu practice. I could be wrong though, haven't trained there in over a year.

Pretty sure it was only one concussion. I used to train at the same gym, he got kicked in the head accidentally during jiu jitsu practice. I could be wrong though, haven't trained there in over a year.

Naw, you're right. He was rollin with someone and the back of the dude's heel came down and clubbed him in the head. That would do it.

he doesnt even do any sparring..that really sucks

I'm confused as to why some guys take a week off from a concussion and others take a super long time. I guess the severity effects the time but you would think guys that get knocked out cold( bisping vs hendo) would be out the longest

I'm confused as to why some guys take a week off from a concussion and others take a super long time. I guess the severity effects the time but you would think guys that get knocked out cold( bisping vs hendo) would be out the longest

It's weird, isn't it... Not MMA related, but we had a 3rd baseman for the Twins years ago (Corey Koskie), he fell awkwardly; kinda stumbled backwards going after a foul ball and more or less fell on his ass... He got a concussion just from the whiplash of hitting the ground, never even hit his head... Relatively young fella, and he was never able to play again...

It's all got to be about individual physiology or something, but I totally agree it just seems really strange

Lol i can never work out whether these are legit tj fans or people just trolling by starting a new weekly thread. Either way hope he is healthy.

Back