TJ Dillashaw Calls Out Dominick Cruz For New Years Card

Cruz/TJ wouldn't be earlier than JJ/Gadelha II.

And agreed about fan interest in Cruz/TJ but it has huge implications and the biggest superfight available in the lower weight classes. It deserves to headline whatever card it lands on.

I agree about it's status and deserving a main event spot, but I think they'd have to stack that card for it to do well PPV wise.

This is probably more likely for the Superbowl or March card.

Would rather see Dillashaw get another title defense in between, preferably against Assuncao if he's healed up. Dillashaw's only fought once in 2015.

If the fight happens and Cruz is 100% or close to it he wins, TJ is great but Cruz is not flat footed and easy to hit like Barao. TJ would have a very hard time finding Cruz...and I do not think Cruz would have any issue's hitting TJ in return.

Cruz has the most depressing story in MMA atm, was at the top of his game...then injury after injury kept him from being the GOAT in that division...I really hope he comes back to his old form...but hard to say.

Recency bias. Just because he looked incredible in his last fight doesn't mean that Cruz isn't the decision-ator still. He beat Faber last time, but he didn't ever have Faber hurt. He was a decision machine who didn't hurt guys.

In 11 UFC/WEC he has one clear finish and it was his last fight. The rest are decisions with a doctor stoppage between rounds mixed in.

So with one finish (and a doctor stoppage) in 11 Zuffa fights people are acting like Cruz is a killing machine...

i want that fight to happen so bad, i still wonder how great cruaz could've been without his recent years of injuries

Same. I was like 1000000% on the Dom Cruz hype train after he crushed the life out of Mizugaki. When he got injured..........I still want to believe. But layoffs matter. I mean, he looked great against Mizugaki, but that doesn't mean he'll look great against TJ Dillashaw.

Definitely want to see this fight happen.

Fuck that, get his leg healed up for the straya card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back