TJ/Cejudo has to be the next fight.

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yeah,I get it. DJ deserves the rematch. So does Stipe, but I don' t hear anyone complaining. Sometimes you have to do what' s best for the sport. And like Cejudo said, the flyweigjts need a new storyline. DJ made it clear that he's never fighting TJ. He's over it. Cejudo will. TJ wants that second belt. It's not about DJ. This is TJ's only chance to show he's one of the best of all time. DJ was in his way. Now he's not. Don't waste this oppertunity. DJ can wait just like Stipe.

Last edited:
TJ has a good opponent in Moraes. Cejudo should probably rematch MM.

I don’t see any compelling reason for TJ/Cejudo at this point.

Stipe's claim isn't even close to what DJ's is. DJ's reign is four times as long and he lost about as close a decision as there can be, whereas Stipe was KO'd in the first. Also, there's no Bork equivalent looming for Cejudo.

No way. Cejudo won a SD over the longest raining champion in UFC history. DJ gets a rematch, TJ gets Moraes

No reason for them to fight. Cejudo just won and has 0 defenses, TJ has 1. Let them both fight some other contenders first.

TJ/Cejudo has to be the next fight.

For what? Everyone knows TJ beats Cejudo.

The only reason Cejudo beat MM is because MM sucks and allowed himself to get laid and gayed on for 5 rounds.

TJ has a good opponent in Moraes. Cejudo should probably rematch MM.

I don’t see any compelling reason for TJ/Cejudo at this point.

What was compelling about Conor/Alvarez? Conor was trying to make history. So is TJ. That's the story.

Terrible post. I’d rather see a DJ vs Cejudo rematch and I’m not even a DJ fan at all. TJ vs Cejudo would’nt even sell, CJ needs to get more recognizable first. And if CJ wins the rematch I’d rather see if he can defend a couple of times and then maybe a super fight. I love a good super fight but fuck, this is getting ridiculous.

And Stipe got knocked the fuck out. Not even comparable.

For what? Everyone knows TJ beats Cejudo.

The only reason Cejudo beat MM is because MM sucks and allowed himself to get laid and gayed on for 5 rounds.

I want to see if TJ csn be a double champ. That's compelling to me.

No one wants to see that fight.

Terrible post. I’d rather see a DJ vs Cejudo rematch and I’m not even a DJ fan at all. TJ vs Cejudo would’nt even sell, CJ needs to get more recognizable first. And if CJ wins the rematch I’d rather see if he can defend a couple of times and then maybe a super fight. I love a good super fight but fuck, this is getting ridiculous.

It's not about Henry just like 205 wasn't about Alvaraz. He doesn't have to be recognizable. This about TJ chasing history. Your statement about Stipe actually helps Stipe's case for a rematch more than DJ. Anyone can get knocked out in the first round. Doesn't mean you're the inferior fighter. DJ however, got beat in a five round fight. No questios left.

Last edited:
Give MM a rematch if Cejudo manages to beat him again he can go up to challenge for the belt.

With 1 judge having 1 round changed in favor of MM, Cejudo wouldn't even be champ. For him to talk about moving up and "super fights" is just ridiculous. It's laughable really.

Nah, not interested. It's not a bad fight but nor is it a particularly intriguing one either. Besides, both men have business to take care of in their own divisions - TJ has Marlon or even a rematch with Cruz on the horizon, and Cejudo has the rubber match with Demetrious - and I'd rather see them take those fights next than a fight with each other.

Lol no, TJ has a list of killers waiting for him and most of them are a better fight than Cejudo.

Cejudo won a split decision that many thought he lost, he should establish himself as a dominant champ before calling out super fights.

Nah, not interested. It's not a bad fight but nor is it a particularly intriguing one either. Besides, both men have business to take care of in their own divisions - TJ has Marlon or even a rematch with Cruz on the horizon, and Cejudo has the rubber match with Demetrious - and I'd rather see them take those fights next than a fight with each other.

No offense, but it's not about what you want. It's about what's best for the sport. Flyweights are stuck in the mud. And no one wants to watch DJ fight. If TJ becomes champ at 125, suddenly that division becomes intersting.

Tj has already provided a number of excuses as to why he doesn’t like this fight.

Tj is ducking Henry and the fight won’t happen.

Kinda surprised people wanna see a rubber match rather than a super fight. I thought we were sick of DJ?

It's not about Henry just like 205 wasn't about Alvaraz. He doesn't have to be recognizable. This about TJ chasing history. Your statement about Stipe actually helps Stipe's case for a rematch more than DJ. Anyone can get knocked out in the first round. Doesn't mean you're the inferior fighter. DJ however, got beat in a five round fight. No questios left.

Cejudo doesn’t do anything for TJ except prove he can cut 10 more pounds. It was never just about the 125lb belt, it was about beating the p4p best in the sport, that story is over now. He would actually do more to solidify by beating Dom.

As for Stipe, most ko’s in the first round aren’t flukes. There are a few exceptions like GSP vs Serra and Cain vs JDS, but for the most part the victor is still the same in the rematch, even if it plays out a little differently.

Kinda surprised people wanna see a rubber match rather than a super fight. I thought we were sick of DJ?

The super fight was DJ vs TJ, most people didn't even know about Cejudo until saturday, he needs to build up his name before this fight happens.

Back