TJ/Cejudo has to be the next fight.

Come on. DJ is more deserving of a rematch than literally anyone who ever received one. He lost a close decision that many people had him winning, after a nearly unprecented run. What is the upside of Cejudo-TJ exactly? That is playing very loose with the term "superfight". Like, does anyone actually think a Cejudo-TJ card does more than 150k buys?

The matchmaking here is obvious. Cejudo-MM rematch, TJ-Moraes, and if I were Dana I would be trying to talk Garbrandt into dropping to 125.

Also, my personal opinion: TJ didn't look great. He was sloppy. Garbrandt was just much sloppier. Actually thought it was a very poorly fought match. A lot of standing in the pocket, not defending at all (actually looked like neither guy had ever received basic boxing training) and swinging wild haymakers. Some of the sloppiest striking I've seen in a title fight in recent memory. If that TJ shows up Moraes will destroy him.

Last edited:
tj vs moraes, dom cruz vs asssuncao for number 1 contender, duh

I would bet that TJ is going to be fighting Cruz next, so they can find out "who the Bantamweight GOAT is". The only way that DJ doesn't get an immediate rematch is due to him being sidelined from his injuries.
Just my "2 cents" though

Cejudo isn’t a super fight, hell nah.

Let him get half the defenses that DJ has and we can talk.

What was compelling about Conor/Alvarez? Conor was trying to make history. So is TJ. That's the story.
TJ didn’t slaughter the previous divisional GOAT in 13 seconds, doesn’t sell record numbers of PPV’s and has never fought at 125. Conor did fight at 155 in CW, did stop Aldo in record time, and did sell record PPV’s.

The example of Conor vs Alvarez isn’t remotely comparable to TJ vs Cejudo. TJ is a tremendous fighter but the interest simply isn’t there at this stage. Add to that, there are some very good, valid fights for both TJ and Cejudo to take in their own divisions.

nah, i wanna see tj and marlon or assuncao. cejudo should rematch demetrious

The super fight was DJ vs TJ, most people didn't even know about Cejudo until saturday, he needs to build up his name before this fight happens.

That makes sense but so far it seems like a lost cost. I don’t think DJ will fight TJ any time soon.

Back