Media TJ admitting back in 2016 that Cory kicked his ass in sparring

pThree

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

This was when Sandhagen had two pro fights and TJ was in his juiced up prime.

Blaydes also said recently that a young Cory would get the better of TJ in their sparring sessions

Fast forward 5 years and Sandhagen has gotten leaps and bounds better, whereas TJ is only older, slower, and now without his EPO + steroids

Cory was also extremely confident in interviews that he would KO TJ

I can't take any of this hype seriously when he got tapped by Aljo in about a minute
Aljo has a different grappling style to anyone in the division

Cory's takedown defense sucks but he's really good on the ground (outgrappled black belt Assuncao with ease)

TJ said in a recent interview that Cory got the better of him in training.

You're right, but Cory isn't Team Alpha Male

This is from when TJ used to train at Elevation before sticking with Ludwig full-time
Yeah I know. Cory is with elevation FT you’re correct.

That’s just my default Team Alpha Male comment

Blaydes also said recently that a young Cory would get the better of TJ in their sparring sessions

Fast forward 5 years and Sandhagen has gotten leaps and bounds better, whereas TJ is only older, slower, and now without his EPO + steroids

Show me proof of TJ being slower.

Show me proof of TJ being slower.
It's called common sense you geek

But even prime juiced TJ would still get rekd by current Sandhagen lmao

Hell, he was getting his ass beat by a green 22 year old Cory <Lmaoo>

there's good and bad everywhere

Cory, good wins, a big loss to Aljo

TJ former champ with good wins, busted for PED's, dopehead coach

Garbrandt also got the better of TJ in sparring and apparently knocked him out.... We saw how that went... Twice

Cory. Cody. Whoadie. Killashaw by TKO.

Garbrandt also got the better of TJ in sparring and apparently knocked him out.... We saw how that went... Twice

Cory. Cody. Whoadie. Killashaw by TKO.
Except that was never even confirmed

All objective sources said TJ actually got the better of him aside from that one knockdown, which is exactly how their real fights went.

Cory sleeps any version of the Snake with hilarious ease.

Sparring isn’t a fight, lots of people are studs in the gym but not in a fight and vice versa, Gilbert Burns used to get the better of Usman apparently and Mike Pyle used to beat Matt Brown about the gym look how both turned out

Sparring isn’t a fight, lots of people are studs in the gym but not in a fight and vice versa, Gilbert Burns used to get the better of Usman apparently and Mike Pyle used to beat Matt Brown about the gym look how both turned out
Burns never got the better of Usman though

Burns claimed it was 50-50 in the gym but Rashad said Usman won most of the sessions

Sparring is pretty close to a fight; the reason Tito didn't want to fight Chuck is because he got his ass kicked in sparring and that's exactly how their fights went.

And Cody got the better of TJ in sparring

And Burns got the better of Usman in sparring

Sometimes the actual fight is different. Interesting though. Makes me want to see the fight.

Back