Tito vs schemenko is perfect example why there are weight classes

I smh everytime I see ppl on sherdog say how

Fighters from lower x division are better more skilled than fighters of higher y division.

Yesterday was perfect example why weight classes were introduced.

Smaller guy even if very good (mw champ) will get stopmted by a bigger (ave lhw) fighter.

Tito is the size of a small HW, who just beat a guy who's the size of a large WW. That's like Jon Jones fighting Rory Mcdonald???

Ortiz's size advantage definitely came into play when he was on top of Shlemenko. The surprising thing is that he didn't get it to the ground sooner.

Fighters from lower x division are better more skilled than fighters of higher y division.

Smaller guy even if very good (mw champ) will get stopmted by a bigger (ave lhw) fighter.

Anything to discredit tito huh? I know he can be a douche bag a lot of times and isn't too bright but he was by far the under dog in this and is 39 yrs old with a ton of old injuries. This was a solid win for him.

There is tons of evidence size doesn't make a huge difference in MMA. Even back to Johnson missing weight by like 15-pounds and still getting owned by Vitor.

Why do people harp on this? It's not even really true. It's documented that Rumble got down to 187 a couple of hours before the weigh in but then his legs began to go numb and the doctor ordered him to rehydrate. Technically he missed weight by 12 pounds or whatever it was but he basically made the full weight cut but his body started shutting down on him. That also shows that he was nowhere near in tip top shape. In that fight he looked panicked, like he knew he only had the energy for 1 round. If they fought again at 205 I'd take Rumble.

Last night was proof that Schlemenko's ground game is very limited.

'Cause guys go at half power in the gym. The concept of training is to improve your technique.

There are many MW, LHW, and HW fighters who are very close in size. HW's don't cut weight. Rumble used to be a WW. It all depends on the fighter. Some cut a lot of weight, some don't.

Anything to discredit tito huh? I know he can be a douche bag a lot of times and isn't too bright but he was by far the under dog in this and is 39 yrs old with a ton of old injuries. This was a solid win for him.

Trying way too much to read between the lines.

Great win for Tito, but he's not the focus of this thread. It's weight classes. Try to stay on topic

Trying way too much to read between the lines.

Great win for Tito, but he's not the focus of this thread. It's weight classes. Try to stay on topic

Very well. Yes weight class matters up to a point. It heavily depends on the skill sets involved of the 2 fighters. Some random drunk asshole they picked up from a bar who is 240 lbs will still get owned by a 185 maybe even 170 lbs UFC level fighter. When theres 2 elite fighters from diff classes, the smaller man usually loses. When the size difference is ridiculous it can be a disaster as i've seen many times. Hell gary goodridge could power out of submission holds like a locked in kimura.

Very well. Yes weight class matters up to a point. It heavily depends on the skill sets involved of the 2 fighters. Some random drunk asshole they picked up from a bar who is 240 lbs will still get owned by a 185 maybe even 170 lbs UFC level fighter. When theres 2 elite fighters from diff classes, the smaller man usually loses. When the size difference is ridiculous it can be a disaster as i've seen many times. Hell gary goodridge could power out of submission holds like a locked in kimura.
Roger Huerta beat the hell out of some Drunk HW size guy and this was long after Huerta was cut by the UFC. Masvidal early in his career beat up HW street fighters

There are a ton of Middleweights and some welterweights that would blast Tito. This is more a knock on Shlemenko than anything.

I think it just proves how weak Bellators MW division is.

Like how Silva got smashed by Bonnar And Ivin? Wait what?

The top 5 UFC 185ers would of dominated Tito. tito is fighting for the money and nothing else. He hasn't looked good in years and sadly is one bad fight away from serious long term injury.

If that is the case why in gyms worldwide do heavyweights get dominated by middleweights behind closed doors?

Sometimes things like that do happen, but if middleweights could compete at HW they would. Or are you suggesting that they are cutting weight just so they can fight tougher opponents?

Lol Ian McCall would beat the shit out of a 240lb random asshole . Are you serious? Pro fighters > size

If that is the case why in gyms worldwide do heavyweights get dominated by middleweights behind closed doors?
they dont, what happens is....in sparring all HW are told to only use half power....because if they go full power on a MW they are ending careers. MW still use full speed and go quite heavy on them...to onlookers it looks like the MW is doing the business...he isnt. in a real fight a HW would KILL a MW 99 times out of 100.

Back