Tito vs schemenko is perfect example why there are weight classes

grimballer

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I smh everytime I see ppl on sherdog say how

Fighters from lower x division are better more skilled than fighters of higher y division.

Yesterday was perfect example why weight classes were introduced.

Smaller guy even if very good (mw champ) will get stopmted by a bigger (ave lhw) fighter.

If that is the case why in gyms worldwide do heavyweights get dominated by middleweights behind closed doors?

Fighters from lower x division are better more skilled than fighters of higher y division.

Smaller guy even if very good (mw champ) will get stopmted by a bigger (ave lhw) fighter.

alexander was kind of a dumbass last night imo. he tried to fight like he normally fights. he had a huge speed advantage and didn't take advantage of it. he fought recklessly and got caught in the clinch and was eventually taken down. he has zero ground game.

If that is the case why in gyms worldwide do heavyweights get dominated by middleweights behind closed doors?

Same reason Pat Cummings dominated Daniel Cormier and made him cry. Oh wait..

You really think Tito would have been able to do that to Weidman, Jacare, Rockhold, or in rematches against Belfort or Machida?

If Tito would fight any UFC top 15 middleweight he would lose.
Shlemenko just isn't as good as Bellator fans and UFC haters say he is.

'Cause guys go at half power in the gym. The concept of training is to improve your technique.

Well, in the example of someone like Overeem, having plodding 1 shot KO power doesn't really translate well to winning sparring matches. I'm sure it would be a little different if he was tryingn to KO everyone he sparred with.

It was the size difference and the fact that Schlemenko's wrestling isn't exactly his favourite aspect of the game to say at least Lombard outwrestled him easily. I think Schlemenko could have done better and I think against a non wrestler he could have done better but yes the size difference was big but that was no surprise Tito is one of the biggest LHWs even today and Schlemenko is a MW who doesn't cut much weight

Tito didn't win because of his size. He won because Schlemenko's BJJ is terrible.
You do have a point that weight matters.

Weight classes are there for a reason? Thank you, I did not know this

Pat Cummins. But Cormier was so fuckin pissed at him, he didn't even call him Pat. He called him Patrick.

Haha damn. You got me before I could edit it. I felt really wrong when I posted the original post haha.

'Cause guys go at half power in the gym. The concept of training is to improve your technique.

This isn't true. Tons of camps and fighters admit they used to/do spar at full intensity. It totally depends on where you're at.

And in grappling guys almost always go near 100% and it's not uncommon for middleweights or less to be submitting heavyweights.

I mean look at Gunnar Nelson who submitted a great BJJ competition in Jeff Monson who weighs like 250 pounds to Gunnar's 170.

Or all the times in pride guys like Wand fought heavyweights and did very well considering the size difference.

There is tons of evidence size doesn't make a huge difference in MMA. Even back to Johnson missing weight by like 15-pounds and still getting owned by Vitor.

I can think of tons of more examples in grappling and MMA and striking.

Shlemenko lost because he has a bad ground game. He got caught in the sub in seconds, it had nothing to do with size. If Tito would have LnP on him using his size advantage I might agree, but he subbed him shortly after getting his first TD.

Wrong fucking forum. It's not hard.

If Tito would fight any UFC top 15 middleweight he would lose.
Shlemenko just isn't as good as Bellator fans and UFC haters say he is.

No one actually thinks that Shlemenko is a world beater though. Fun fighter, but he's tiny for MW and should be fighting at 170. He ony gets away with it because Bellators MW division is weak.

Please explain Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin (former LHW champ) to me then.

He didn't only beat him, he embarrassed him and made him look like he didn't belong in the cage at all.

Not saying that's always the case, but just showing that you can't draw a conclusion from only one fight. There are always going to be some fighters who really are just on another level.

the movie i watched "tapped out" where the small guy beats up a huge guy . actually pretty cool movie with anderson and machida in it

Back