Tito Responds To Dana Regarding Tito Liddell 3

He got paid for every fight he participated in. He signed the contract.
Oh It's not about me but I didn't get paid enough. Confused fella...

That's literally his point. Tito, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture and Matt Hughes built a nothing company into a 4.5 billion dollar asset. What do they have now? What Tito and Oscar are trying to do is make MMA more like boxing, where the fighters are their own brand, and they take the majority of the profit.

When did UFC start making a profit? Were they not millions upon millions in the red when Tito and them were fighting? Be interesting to note when exacttly they started turning it around. Tito may have helped them stay afloat, but they DID NOT bring in that 4.2 billion dollar sale. TUF, Conor, Ronda, they brought the viewers and the big dollars in. That is why UFC sold for so much. Tito def helped in his time, but a guy that helped the company years and years before it sold was not in the buyers mind at all. Just sayin.

Fuck it bro I wanna see these guys throw down once and for all.
View attachment 478793

Book it Oscar!
Golden_Boy_Promotions.gif

When do you get a profit of a company selling from just working there?
I don’t want to like this point but it’s true. If you found a band, then quit, and then they make it huge, they don’t owe you anything unless you bought a stake before you left. Maybe they SHOULD but they don’t.

Dana's response will just be a lot of lip-smacking and random middle-school insults

Neither Chuck nor Tito should "have" to fight when they are 48 or 43.

You don't need to retire with 50 million to not "have" to keep fighting.

Tito, Liddell and Randy were pretty much what kept the UFC alive in those days, it's sad to see that they never had the chance for big bucks and that they didn't retire rich (maybe not 50 millions in the bank but at least 4 or 5) they were the face of the company for 5 years and they were a big part of the TUF era and Pride assimilation era that pretty much made the UFC of today.

You can't compare prizefighting with team sports.

The skill level is a thousand times higher in team sports. Millions of people play the sports and the talent pool is insanely high.

MMA doesn't have that, and never, ever will. A very small percentage of fighters will make great money, and most will make close to nothing. It's a bad career choice. All sports are a bad career choice unless you are genuinely gifted and even then, one trip and you're done.

It's very difficult to explain this to people. Most boxers make shit money too, even many world champions never made any serious money because the fighting game is not just a sport, a lot of it is about promotion, hype etc. Other sports are structured and there are leagues and tournaments where you have very specific rules on how to become a champion. In boxing and MMA it's many times about promotion and what sells best, and it's really impossible to make it structured cause you can't fight many times in a year, and someone will always pull out cause of some reason and then you need replacements or to postpone the fight, which again makes it confusing. In other sports you have so many matches/games/whatever a year that it really doesn't matter. Also, most sports are financed to a degree by the city or by the country all over the world, you have various youth programs and so on. Ideally, the state finances amateur and youth leagues while professional teams or individuals need to be on the market and promote themselves.

Sports and sports entertainment are completely different things, it is what it is. The fight business is not just about how good you are, you gotta have some luck and well you have to know how to promote yourself or have someone else do it well.

You tell me. Sounds like you want to get something off your tits.
Sounds like you’re just complaining to complain and rag on fighters and mma.

Much less than they are today, but at first when Tito started dodging Chuck, he said it was because they were friends ... then he said he didn't think they were getting paid enough so he would rather fight Shamrock a bunch of times. Then when Randy surprised everyone and put a whooping on Chuck, Tito had no problem signing up to fight Randy. It wasn't until he lost that fight that his back was pretty much up against the wall to fight Chuck.

This is no. 1 bullshit. Tito wanted more money, so Dana created a narrative of him ducking Chuck. Not any different than the shit Dana does in modern times (a la DJ, Diaz bros etc.)
Tito fought Shamrock once, before fighting Chuck and Randy.

Uh, Chuck did stay on the payroll for years after he stopped fighting. Chuck's net worth is 14 million and Tito's is 15 million. They don't "have to" keep fighting unless they have serious spending problems.
This. I do think a lot of fighters are underpaid. Tito and Chuck are not the ones though

Everyone immediately agreeing with what Tito said instead of doing a little research to see everyone on this card got paid less

"Ken Shamrock owes ME $175k and I'm coming for it Ken. I'm coming for the fucking money you piece of shit"

Says I don't want fighters to have to fight in their forties.

Fights in his forties and abuses the shit out of a nearly fifty year old fighter.

Only thing worse than hypocrites are stupid hypocrites.

Are you hard of thinking?

Hes not being hypocritical here, hes saying he wants to help build a company tht will pay young fighters more so they can retire from fighting in their forties.

Hes not criticising people for fighting in their forties - that would be hyppcritical - he just wants orgs t pay fighters more so they dont have to.

Its not complicated

Last edited:
Dana is an assclown and Tito has a Jesus complex.

But yeah, the UFC is a joke on pay compared to, e.g., the NBA. And Reebok is basically a theft. This whole thing only works as a fringe sport with D/F level talent. It's a pity.
Again you are making a point here with nothing to support it. And you’ve continued to add nothing to support it.

Are you hard of thinking?

Hes not being hypocritical here, hes saying he wants to help build a company tht will pay young fighters more so they can retire from fighting in their forties.

Hes not criticising people for fighting in their forties - that would be hyppcritical - he just wants orgs t pay fighters more so they dont have to.

Its not complicated

How though? He had one fight and retired, and everybody else on the undercard got paid 10 percent of what UFC pays.

Back