Tito Responds To Dana Regarding Tito Liddell 3

What were the paychecks like back in their day?
For their 2nd fight Chuck made 250k, Tito got 210k in defeat, considering the high gate at the time and selling 1M PPV's they probably made bank back then, not sure if they got PPV points back then.

First fight it seems Chuck had the lower hand and only got 50k + 50k, while Tito had a better deal and got 125k, that event sold only 105k PPV.

Not exactly stellar pay, but their 2nd fight rivals the disclosed pay they got from Golden Boy.

Again you are making a point here with nothing to support it. And you’ve continued to add nothing to support it.
You don't deserve better. Be grateful for having had this much.

I am rubber and you are glue, your shitposts bounce off me an' stick to you.
i was asking you to just explain yourself since there's no way to interpret it from what you said.

When do you get a profit of a company selling from just working there?
Yeah, I don't understand his "point" other than he feels he wasn't compensated enough so he's willing to be compensated FAR LESS by De La Hoya when he's 43 and Chuck is 48.

I don't get it.

It sounds like this whole "my life is your fault" generation though

When do you get a profit of a company selling from just working there?
When you build it from the ground up, are you telling me that Dana couldnt have split of a couple mill out of his $300Million to two guys he managed and helped build the company?

Oh no, i only have $295 million left..

Nobody should ever take anything that Dana White says seriously about any fighter ever. This is the guy that used to kiss the ass of GSP all the time, When he was the golden boy of the UFC, making the company so many millions of dollars. But as soon as GSP started talking about drug testing and wanting some time off, Dana found the nearest bus and pushed him right underneath it. Randy at one time was Captain America, and Dana loved him. Then after a few contract disputes he hated his guts. On and on..

View attachment 478787

He makes some solid points.

Wonder if Dana will clap back.

<mma4><mma4>
Doesn't have to clap back really.

It's not like any previous sports team owner gave anything to the former players when they sold the team. Not even those that helped them win championships and whatnot.

Plus, Cheeto got a LOT of preferential treatment. Would DW have given any other fighter a stipulation in his contract that he gets a boxing match with him? They also let him duck Chuck without losing his title.

In my opinion, Cheeto doesn't have a whole lot to complain about when it comes to the UFC and DW.

Tito made more money than most of the UFC fighters TODAY.

i don't know what he's complaining about, working when you're 43 or 48 is par for the course for most everyone else in the world.

not to mention most people would've been able to make a living with what Chuck and Tito made during their careers. just because you squandered away your money doesn't mean you weren't getting your just due.

I hope ExxonMobil cuts me a check when they sell. Thank you, Cheeto Financial, for enlightening me on my entitlements.

Why would he give them anything when they sold the company ?

Who the fuck gives money to employees that quit a decade ago after fighting with management during their tenure ?

Uncrack your skull already Tito

How though? He had one fight and retired, and everybody else on the undercard got paid 10 percent of what UFC pays.

Thats not the point im making, merely pointing out the guy i quoted was erroneous in calling tito a hypocrite.

To answer your Q, i guess he sees his part as helping to launch the org with a big name fight to get it off to a big start from which to grow. Hes not employed as a promoter there

Hes retired once or twice before, hes just employing that going out of business ploy that retailers often do.

He'll be back

This is no. 1 bullshit. Tito wanted more money, so Dana created a narrative of him ducking Chuck. Not any different than the shit Dana does in modern times (a la DJ, Diaz bros etc.)
Tito fought Shamrock once, before fighting Chuck and Randy.
He changed his tune after Randy upset Chuck ... had no issue fighting for whatever money they were getting then ...

It's very difficult to explain this to people. Most boxers make shit money too, even many world champions never made any serious money because the fighting game is not just a sport, a lot of it is about promotion, hype etc. Other sports are structured and there are leagues and tournaments where you have very specific rules on how to become a champion. In boxing and MMA it's many times about promotion and what sells best, and it's really impossible to make it structured cause you can't fight many times in a year, and someone will always pull out cause of some reason and then you need replacements or to postpone the fight, which again makes it confusing. In other sports you have so many matches/games/whatever a year that it really doesn't matter. Also, most sports are financed to a degree by the city or by the country all over the world, you have various youth programs and so on. Ideally, the state finances amateur and youth leagues while professional teams or individuals need to be on the market and promote themselves.

Sports and sports entertainment are completely different things, it is what it is. The fight business is not just about how good you are, you gotta have some luck and well you have to know how to promote yourself or have someone else do it well.

I agree completely.

It's frustrating that people keep pointing to salaries in other sports. Outside the massive gap in skill, those athletes compete many times a year to packed stadiums and TV deals. The number of eyes on a football player compared to a mixed martial artist is so much larger the comparison is ridiculous.

I don't exactly disagree but ultimately they got paid more than anybody else figting MMA at the time. They were pioneers in a new sport and were paid quite well in the grand scheme of things (at the time).

You can't look at what other sportsmen are paid in other sports, or say '''the UFC went on to be worth billions this isn't fair!" Plenty of companies go on to be worth more after an employee leaves but that employee isn't all of a sudden owed anything more than they were paid for doing the job at the time.

Let's be honest, they both earned somewhere in the multi millions at the time, if they'd been intelligent with their money they would be fine now.

Moralistically perhaps Tito has a point but in reality he doesn't.

You can compare MMA to boxing though. They are both directly based on a ppv model using their top fighters as the main draws. The comparison is very valid.

It also goes back to Tito's point. Fighters still aren't getting paid what they are worth.

When did UFC start making a profit? Were they not millions upon millions in the red when Tito and them were fighting? Be interesting to note when exacttly they started turning it around. Tito may have helped them stay afloat, but they DID NOT bring in that 4.2 billion dollar sale. TUF, Conor, Ronda, they brought the viewers and the big dollars in. That is why UFC sold for so much. Tito def helped in his time, but a guy that helped the company years and years before it sold was not in the buyers mind at all. Just sayin.
They built the company that got to that point, they built the fan base. Tito is 100% spot on in his point here.

Dana vs Tito next, they were supposed to do that boxing fight before. The time is now

Back