Tito Ortiz rematch run

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Lets imagine Tito decides "forget retirement. I've aged better than quite a few of the guys who beat me over the years. I want some rematches."

How do they go?

Lost to Frank Shamrock in 1999. He could beat Frank today.

He lost to Machia in 08. IMO he still loses to Machida.

Lost to Forrest in 09. IMO, he could beat him today. Would be close.

Lost to Hamill in 2010. Hamill would probably still beat him.

Lost to Rashad in 2011. Rashad still beats him.

Are any of those fights worth his time? Would you be interested in any of them?

Would watch Machida fight anyone.

I think Tito can beat all of those guys now. He's aged better than most fighters from his time. That list isn't a list of guys who have looked great later in their careers. Tito is still looking pretty good against his contemporaries.

Rashad doesn’t even come close to beating Tito now.

Rashad lost to Tim Kelly for fuck sake.

Tito will avenge all his losses and retire for the last time as the undisputed GOAT.

Tito looked horrible too. He was falling over his own punches. It was only because Chuck looked like he'd just came back from a 10 year space expedition during which time his muscles were exposed to a zero gravity environment.

Tito looked horrible too. He was falling over his own punches. It was only because Chuck looked like he'd just came back from a 10 year space expedition during which time his muscles were exposed to a zero gravity environment.
Everybody from that list would look horrible. Expect Lyoto

Lets imagine Tito decides "forget retirement. I've aged better than quite a few of the guys who beat me over the years. I want some rematches."

How do they go?

Lost to Frank Shamrock in 1999. He could beat Frank today.

He lost to Machia in 08. IMO he still loses to Machida.

Lost to Forrest in 09. IMO, he could beat him today. Would be close.

Lost to Hamill in 2010. Hamill would probably still beat him.

Lost to Rashad in 2011. Rashad still beats him.

Are any of those fights worth his time? Would you be interested in any of them?
I think Tito beats them all except for maybe machida.

Meh none of those fights are big enough for him to come back IMO

Maybe Tito Vs Wanderlei would sell some tickets though.

Would look good on your record to have your last two wins be Chuck and Wand.

Tito beats all of them all except Machida. I think Machida still wins.

What about Randy?

Rashad doesn’t even come close to beating Tito now.

Rashad lost to Tim Kelly for fuck sake.
Tim Kelly is a pretty good fighter. I think he has an Olympic medal in Judo or something. Losing to Sam ‘throw one punch a round and look gassed’ Alvey was worse.

He needs another surgery first.

FIGHT
Surgery
FIGHT
Surgery
FIGHT
Surgery

That is the pattern.

There's a reason why Ortiz chose Liddell to fight instead of anyone else. Ortiz was looking for an easy win. Plain and simple.

Have you even heard of any of these fighters? If you had, you'd know 3/5 of them are retired and 2/5 of them are absolutely never fighting again due to severe injuries. Think before you start threads; ignored

Have you even heard of any of these fighters? If you had, you'd know 3/5 of them are retired and 2/5 of them are absolutely never fighting again due to severe injuries. Think before you start threads; ignored

giphy.gif

Back