• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television Tires on Netflix

Boomb

Hate the game, not the player.
@red
Reaction score
Tires, the new series from Shane Gillis dropped on Netflix. Anyone watched it yet?

I can't stand Shane and his comedy for some reason but I tried to watch it anyway. To me it has a very similar vibe as Superstore only slightly worse and when Andrew Schultz made an appearance with that idiotic haircut, I had to turn it off.

Anyone watched it already? Should I gave it another go?

It looks like he took a budget, deposited it in his bank account and made the cheapest show possible

Might still be funny. He is an OK comedian and knows other comedians that could be good writers.

Might be fucking horrible too though.
Being an OK comedian doesn't always translate to acting.

Show about changing tires?

According to the interwebs, here is the synopsis:

Tires is a 2024 Netflix comedy series about an anxious and unqualified man named Will (Steven Gerben) who tries to turn his father's auto repair business around while dealing with his cousin Shane (Shane Gillis), who is now his employee and constantly torments him. The six-episode series also stars Chris O'Connor, Kilah Fox, and Stavros Halkias, with guest appearances by Andrew Schulz. John McKeever directed the series, which was produced by Dad Sick Productions, owned by Shane Gillis and John McKeever.

I like SG, watched the first two episodes and bailed… found the characters annoying rather than funny.. particularly the tyre shop manager

So it is an expanded version of that skit he did years ago? I like Shane, but probably not enough to watch it.

Tires, the new series from Shane Gillis dropped on Netflix. Anyone watched it yet?

I can't stand Shane and his comedy for some reason but I tried to watch it anyway. To me it has a very similar vibe as Superstore only slightly worse and when Andrew Schultz made an appearance with that idiotic haircut, I had to turn it off.

Anyone watched it already? Should I gave it another go?

Imagine being male and not liking Shane Gillis' stand up. That's nuts.

Starting to wear thin...

(I'll see myself out)

Ya...there's not a lot of tread left for shows of this genre.
I'm guessing this series is gonna fall flat.
It definitely won't be in my normal show rotation.

I saw it and I thought it was funny.

I have been listening to Shane Gillis talking about history which is pretty funny on YouTube

Unwatchable. I love his,stand up an Gilley n Keeves. This is utterly awful in every way

Gillis fan here but I saw the 30 second clip that Netflix does when you hover over the show and that was enough for me to never watch it. If that clip was their best foot forward, I can only imagine how awful the rest of the show might be.

Back