tips guys?

killer_kicks88

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
ok...I've got a fight lined up and im super hyped, it's gonna be photoshoots, entrance music, the whole shabang, but the guy I'm fighting is gonna be an awesome ground fighter...BUT he's not great with subs (which i seem to be pretty handy eith :D )...he just like to mount 'em and pound 'em...any tips to defend the mounted gnp other than bucking like hell till i can over hook and sweep?

Just try and stay on top of him, and don't let mount you....that's your best bet....but...it's prob easier said than done. Either way good luck bro!!

thanks alot for the luck...bubble boy, im not sure if you were joking or not but i train no gi, and i believe this guy trains gi, so that would get me screwed...anyway, thanks for the input and support guys

try to play the top game for sure, if he gets the mount, dont give up your back.
buck and dont let him cross his legs under you while in the mount.
too much bucking will wear you out though. time the bucks to get him the most of balance and avoid the punches. when you roll him and land in the guard , immediatly grab both his biceps to protect yourself from getting punched till you get the posture you want while in his guard.
work some punches and try to pass. getting to half guard and then continuing the pass is not a bad thing either.

guardpasser said:
try to play the top game for sure, if he gets the mount, dont give up your back.
buck and dont let him cross his legs under you while in the mount.
too much bucking will wear you out though. time the bucks to get him the most of balance and avoid the punches. when you roll him and land in the guard , immediatly grab both his biceps to protect yourself from getting punched till you get the posture you want while in his guard.
work some punches and try to pass. getting to half guard and then continuing the pass is not a bad thing either.

thanks A LOT for this ^_^

Back