Tipping! If you do it, will things change now with new laws in effect?

I tip everyone that gives me good service... whether its a plumber or the lady bringing my food.
The problem is that tipping culture has made it so that we are shamed into tipping 33 percent even for bad service or they will mess with your service in the future it is a tip entitlement culture from the service industry.

My problem isn't with tipping people in service type jobs (ie waiters/waitresses, etc) it's with more and more places automatically asking for a tip. Why do I need to tip when I am picking up food at a restaurant? I don't tip the high school kid in the McDonalds drive through. Almost every place with newer point of sale hardware/software has tip options enabled. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
Waba grill is basically asking for a tip to pick your food up from a counter yourself they have no servers it is like if mcds asked for a tip.

Vietnamese coffee shops make me hate starbucks they don't have the tip entitlement that starbucks have they just give you excellent service and coffee for a fair price no tip needed.

The problem is that tipping culture has made it so that we are shamed into tipping 33 percent even for bad service or they will mess with your service in the future it is a tip entitlement culture from the service industry.

Nobody shames me into anything...if they don't like my tip they can fuck off sir.

Nobody shames me into anything...if they don't like my tip they can fuck off sir.
I have had servers make pithy remarks to each other in front of me when I tipped 20 percent they expect 30 percent now. they will also give you crappier service next time if you are a regular it is sort of a tip black mail system.

I have had servers make pithy remarks to each other in front of me when I tipped 20 percent they expect 30 percent now. they will also give you crappier service next time if you are a regular it is sort of a tip black mail system.

I would've grabbed my money back and gave it to a different server just to prove a point.
Nobody is gonna blackmail me into anything sir.

I would've grabbed my money back and gave it to a different server just to prove a point.
Nobody is gonna blackmail me into anything sir.
The problem is your are outnumbered by submissive over tippers who keep one upping each other with the tips raises prices for every patron. If it were up to me I wouldn't tip I would have it like europe our tip culture is too arbitrary and has in fact led to bad service, entitlement ,laziness and complacency among the service industry.

The problem is your are outnumbered by submissive over tippers who keep one upping each other with the tips raises prices for every patron. If it were up to me I wouldn't tip I would have it like europe our tip culture is too arbitrary and has in fact led to bad service, entitlement ,laziness and complacency among the service industry.

Then I don't go in that restaurant again, and believe me I spend enough money to notice.
I tip very well, so nobody is gonna try to take more from me if I don't feel like they deserve it.

Tipping is the ultimate scam.

No idea how it is still going on.

Tip culture has made it so that they expect a 30%tip or else they tip shame.

I’ve seen it as an option for a person that handed me the tablet to confirm payment.
Did shit else.
15/20/30 on the pay screen

Not only do servers make $15+ an hour in California, they expect a tip and many restaurants charge you a 2-4 percent "living wage" surcharge (Which I deduct from the normal 20 percent I'd leave).

I work in the food service industry. So i tip.

Nothing will change without revolution. The system is completley owned by capitalism and on a local level it is owned by the chamber of commerce that are dominated by resturant owners. Business owners will rather shut down than treat people fairly. If people stop tipping resturants will simply close. I'm actually fine with that I don't think resturants are needed in the 21st century but I get the idea the people proposing this sort of boycott are not. If you didn't go to resturants you wouldn't be bitching about tips.
You sound a lot like someone who has failed at life.

Back