Timofey Nastyukhin is a monster(the guy that starched Eddie in OneFC)

That KO win over Eddie Alvarez was phenomenal. He's probably someone who can match against the top 5 LWs in the UFC for sure (could be interesting to see him against McGregor since he seems to time and predict oncoming moves well).

What are his grappling credentials though?

That KO win over Eddie Alvarez was phenomenal. He's probably someone who can match against the top 5 LWs in the UFC for sure (could be interesting to see him against McGregor since he seems to time and predict oncoming moves well).

What are his grappling credentials though?
No idea about his grappling credential but i would say from watching his fights that he is pretty solid , might not be on some of the top 5 in the UFC but definitely he isn't easy to take down ..

Conor win over Eddie wasn't that dominating compared to what Timophy did to Eddie .
ONE FC is massively underrated , it's just UFC fans living in a very small bubble of the MMA scene .
Eddie was never finished the way he was against Timophy .
And it's funny that everyone are saying Eddie is overrated or old or past his prime , etc...
Eddie just before leaving the UFC for ONE FC he KOed Justin Gatje and lost to Dustin Poirier two guy who will fight for the title against the second P4P GOAT in Khabib .
Eddie BTW was about to KO Dustin but Dustin took advantage of the rules and touched the ground with his finger in order to herb dean to disqualify Eddie very dirty .
Everyone here respect Dustin and Justin and yet none want to admit that Eddie gave both of them hell .
If you respect Dustin and Justin then there's no way to not respect Eddie and not give credit to him .
Also if Eddie was overrated and sucked then that mean Conor win over Eddie wasn't a big deal so in turn you basically turn Conor resume above featherweight as a joke .
Nate Diaz 1-1 ? Old man Donald Cerrone who prior to Conor fight was getting demolished by Tony and Gatje ? The humiliating beatdown by Khabib ? What is Conor resume beyond featherweight ? It's the Eddie win and the belt that Conor got from it .
Sure Conor almost fought RDA and has spoken many time of fighting the top contender but did he actually did that ? No so let's not make excuse for him it's sad .
If everyone praise Conor for getting the historical feat of getting another belt while holding another , then you'll better give credit to Eddie as well for being the champion .
If everyone praise Khabib resume ( which in great part was because he easily beat Dustin and Justin ) and his win over Dustin and Justin then there's no way around not giving Eddie a tons of respect unless you downplay Khabib resume .

So onto Eddie in ONE FC : He only got 2 fights in ONE FC and yet he got very badly finished in his first fight there and in the second he almost broke his leg and almost got finished in the first rounds by Eduard Folayang a guy no one here care about and even if Eddie managed to choke Folayang out it should be noted that its because Edward abysmal fight IQ .
Eddie won his second fight in ONE FC but almost got finished in the first round and even if Eddie won it in the end it wasn't because he is awesome but because his opponent had terrible fight IQ .

BTW You can watch the ranking of ONE FC here https://www.onefc.com/rankings/ , Eddie isn't even in the top 5 best lightweight .
Sure he might easily beat Shinya Aoki but there's still at the VERY LEAST 5 guy who most consider the heavy favorite against Eddie : Christian Lee , Iuri Lapicus , Pieter Buist , Saygid Guseyn Arslanaliev and Amir Khan .
Also guys like Eduard can easily redo what he did to Eddie and not fall for the amateurish mistake while Timophy got Eddie number , that is a fact .
Lightweight in ONE FC is just as strong as the UFC , but by locking at everything it think ONE FC lightweight division is stronger .

UFC fans should look outside of their little bubble , you may be a Tony , Khabib or Conor fans it doesn't matter .
What matter is that Eddie extremely tough time in ONE FC all impact the legacy of Tony , Khabib and Conor as they all have fought Eddie or a guy that Eddie beat ( Dustin and Justin ) .

Amir Khan wouldn't be the favourite over Eddie Alvarez dude, c'mon.

No idea about his grappling credential but i would say from watching his fights that he is pretty solid , might not be on some of the top 5 in the UFC but definitely he isn't easy to take down ..
Depending on who he is matched with, takedowns and ground game might not even be all that relevant when it comes to how he would do in the UFC. Hell, guys like Gaetjhe, Conor, and Poirier are most likely going to stand and bang, even against strikers like this guy.

CDF and Oliviera are big ? though.

Amir Khan wouldn't be the favourite over Eddie Alvarez dude, c'mon.
Might not be but i follow the scene pretty closely .
Many of his entourage are saying Amir is very motivated , they are confident Amir can beat Eddie .
Personably i don't know , but by what I've seen of Eddie he shouldn't be a problem for the top ONE FC lightweights .
Incredible that Eddie gave so much trouble to those UFC lightweights .

Depending on who he is matched with, takedowns and ground game might not even be all that relevant when it comes to how he would do in the UFC. Hell, guys like Gaetjhe, Conor, and Poirier are most likely going to stand and bang, even against strikers like this guy.

CDF and Oliviera are big ? though.
Tony , Gatje , Conor , Dustin and RDA ( maybe ) probably all stand with Timofey .
Except for Conor i think everyone get KOed by Timofey .
RDA can shoot for a takedown but who knows , tbh RDA is the guy who only use takedown occasionally .

Might not be but i follow the scene pretty closely .
Many of his entourage are saying Amir is very motivated , they are confident Amir can beat Eddie .
Personably i don't know , but by what I've seen of Eddie he shouldn't be a problem for the top ONE FC lightweights .
Incredible that Eddie gave so much trouble to those UFC lightweights .

Doesn't matter if he's motivated, he's just not a fighter on that kind of level. I don't think Amir Khan is even contender series level in America.

Of the ONE LW's Eddie has a tough time with Lee, Lapicus and Nasty. I can't see anyone else giving him a tough time. Dagi could in the stand up, but Lee showed it was easy to implement a wrestling based game on him and Eddie is capable of following that blueprint (he could get KO'd if he stands and bangs when he doesn't need to though).

I don't think Buist is that good.

Ehh I'm a big Tim Nasty fan but he's one of those super violent fighters who could haul off and knock out a top fighter and then lose to a no-so-top fighter.
Very talented and powerful but he's got technical and defensive holes that can and do get exploited.
I'd love to see him in the UFC and I think he could do well, but I see his ceiling being shown relatively quickly.
Granted, I also said this about Alvarez and Gaethje when they entered the UFC, and they adjusted their games to win belts, so maybe he'd do the same.
I agree though, ONE has some under-the-radar talent.

Doesn't matter if he's motivated, he's just not a fighter on that kind of level. I don't think Amir Khan is even contender series level in America.

Of the ONE LW's Eddie has a tough time with Lee, Lapicus and Nasty. I can't see anyone else giving him a tough time. Dagi could in the stand up, but Lee showed it was easy to implement a wrestling based game on him and Eddie is capable of following that blueprint (he could get KO'd if he stands and bangs when he doesn't need to though).

I don't think Buist is that good.
Eddie takedown are a jokes sorry but he never fight like that now Eddie is gonna be a heavy wrestling fighter who rush for the takedown ?
By your logic Eddie could of beaten Conor if he followed a wrestling blueprint because all of Conor losses were all because of takedown .
Eddie never fight like that , assuming he will change his style right now in an organization that the struggle to found success is just reaching .
No way Eddie wrestling game plan would be successful against any of them as Eddie never showed that before .
Also Eduard can easily KO Eddie in a rematch , Eduard literally only lost to Eddie cause he decided to go down to the ground with him that is a very minor lack of fight IQ .
Rematch Eduard low kick Eddie to death and wait till Eddie get back up and does it again .
Eddie won't be in the top 5 of his division .

One sure has some long knockout highlight videos. I'm surprised they didn't inclde the entrances and two days of weight cutting.

Cosmo Alexandre vs Eddie Alavarez is interesting too .
Cosmo fought Sage at 84 KG but in reality Cosmo is a 77 KG ( fought Nieky Holzken there ) .
If Timofey pressure proved to be a nightmare for Eddie then i want to see how he deal withy Cosmo pressure ( even if Cosmo pressure is very different but on many levels above that of Timofey ) .
Cosmo isn't impressed by MMA fighter it seems ( despite having lost his first MMA fight ) and its logical .
Cosmo fought the best striker ( Muay Thai and Kickboxing ) in the world : Yodsanklai twice , Nieky Holzken twice , Wanlop Sitpohek ( who easily destroyed Jean-Charles Skarbowski ) , John Wayne Parr thrice , Murthel Groenhart , Giorgio Petrosian , Dzhabar Askerov , Narupol Fairtex , Artem Pashporin , Cyrus Washington , Marco Pique , Regian Eersel , Jo Nattuwot , Nampon PKstereo , Yohan Lidon and Sakmongkhol Sitchuchok .
When Cosmo say he isn't impressed by the level of striking in the UFC he know what he is talking about .
Cosmo striking ( especially low kick ) is 7 times better than Eduard or any other striker in the division .

Eddie takedown are a jokes sorry but he never fight like that now Eddie is gonna be a heavy wrestling fighter who rush for the takedown ?
By your logic Eddie could of beaten Conor if he followed a wrestling blueprint because all of Conor losses were all because of takedown .
Eddie never fight like that , assuming he will change his style right now in an organization that the struggle to found success is just reaching .
No way Eddie wrestling game plan would be successful against any of them as Eddie never showed that before .
Also Eduard can easily KO Eddie in a rematch , Eduard literally only lost to Eddie cause he decided to go down to the ground with him that is a very minor lack of fight IQ .
Rematch Eduard low kick Eddie to death and wait till Eddie get back up and does it again .
Eddie won't be in the top 5 of his division .

Eddie couldn't take Conor down because Conor has better stand up than anyone in ONE and is also pretty decent at defending takedowns. Dagi was taken down at will.

Foloyang isn't that good, he looked absolutely terrible in his last fight.

Eddie couldn't take Conor down because Conor has better stand up than anyone in ONE and is also pretty decent at defending takedowns. Dagi was taken down at will.

Foloyang isn't that good, he looked absolutely terrible in his last fight.
Foloyang isn't that good and yet he was moments away from KOing Eddie in the very first round ? You realize in the rematch Foloyang can KO Eddie with ease ?
Eddie isn't an expert takedown artist never was , Dagi stand up is better than Timofey gonna be good night for Eddie if they meet .
Conor isn't a better striker than anyone in ONE FC , You make Cosmo vs Conor at 77 KG in MMA rules and Conor is gonna sleep in two rounds .
Conor and the UFC is lucky that most guy in ONE FC are world class Muay Thai and Kickboxing guy who fight in the Super Series branch of ONE FC and never cared about MMA
if those world class strikers decided to have a serious train in MMA and be successful in their MMA career then ...

Cosmo Alexandre vs Eddie Alavarez is interesting too .
Cosmo fought Sage at 84 KG but in reality Cosmo is a 77 KG ( fought Nieky Holzken there ) .
If Timofey pressure proved to be a nightmare for Eddie then i want to see how he deal withy Cosmo pressure ( even if Cosmo pressure is very different but on many levels above that of Timofey ) .
Cosmo isn't impressed by MMA fighter it seems ( despite having lost his first MMA fight ) and its logical .
Cosmo fought the best striker ( Muay Thai and Kickboxing ) in the world : Yodsanklai twice , Nieky Holzken twice , Wanlop Sitpohek ( who easily destroyed Jean-Charles Skarbowski ) , John Wayne Parr thrice , Murthel Groenhart , Giorgio Petrosian , Dzhabar Askerov , Narupol Fairtex , Artem Pashporin , Cyrus Washington , Marco Pique , Regian Eersel , Jo Nattuwot , Nampon PKstereo , Yohan Lidon and Sakmongkhol Sitchuchok .
When Cosmo say he isn't impressed by the level of striking in the UFC he know what he is talking about .
Cosmo striking ( especially low kick ) is 7 times better than Eduard or any other striker in the division .
I know you wanna circle jerk all those One PED users but they don’t hold a candle to the UFC’s LW division. Guys like Do Bronx and Ferrería would easily run thru them cause they’re grappling is really poor.

Foloyang isn't that good and yet he was moments away from KOing Eddie in the very first round ? You realize in the rematch Foloyang can KO Eddie with ease ?
Eddie isn't an expert takedown artist never was , Dagi stand up is better than Timofey gonna be good night for Eddie if they meet .
Conor isn't a better striker than anyone in ONE FC , You make Cosmo vs Conor at 77 KG in MMA rules and Conor is gonna sleep in two rounds .
Conor and the UFC is lucky that most guy in ONE FC are world class Muay Thai and Kickboxing guy who fight in the Super Series branch of ONE FC and never cared about MMA
if those world class strikers decided to have a serious train in MMA and be successful in their MMA career then ...

Eddie would absolutely try and grapple with Foloayang in the rematch given that he subbed him with ease once they hit the floor last time.

Back